CORPORATE BITS: A new style of entertainment on Saipan
CLUB C Saipan, a gaming and entertainment venue, located in the 4-star 200+ room Kanoa Resort Saipan, opened its doors on Saipan, the capital of the Northern Marianas. The facility is currently open from 11am to 3am daily, and features 8,000 square-feet of entertainment space, gaming machines and stadium-style electronic table games with a seating capacity of 200. It will also offer a fusion of live entertainment and a state of the art digital music selection. A stellar international musical group from Macau will be headlining the opening of the Club. The club’s opening comes on the heels of the introduction of the E-Gaming Law signed last December 2013 on the Island of Saipan.
CLUB C Saipan’s owners engaged an international management team from Macau, IGamiX Management & Consulting Ltd, headed by Ben Lee, to operate the Club to international standards and to provide a first class tourism facility. “We’ve invested USD4 million, or $500 per square foot into this facility; we’ve provided 50 new jobs to locals including retirees; and we’re getting ready to remit our first wave of gaming taxes to the government at 15% of our gross revenue. That’s the second highest rate in all of Asia after Macau’s 39.5% rate. We knew that Saipan’s gaming tax was high as compared to other Asian nations but we pushed forward with confidence in the CNMI,” said Lee.
CEM power boy buddies design contest is now open
To celebrate CEM’s popular mascot Power Boy’s 5th birthday together with the Macau community, CEM is organizing the Power Boy Buddies Design Contest. Co-organizers include the Macau Polytechnic Institute and the Macau Animation & Comic Alliance. Submission ended on 30 June and the response was overwhelming, with over 200 entries received.
The contest was divided into three groups: Open Group, Middle School Student Group and Primary School Student Group. Each group offers prizes for one champion, one first runner-up and one second runner-up respectively.
Public voting will be conducted online. Ten final entries selected by the judges from each group will be uploaded on CEM’s “Energizing Tour” Facebook fan page (www.facebook.com/Energizing.Tour). The public can vote for their favorite buddy by “liking” the entries. The winner of “My Favorite Buddy” who obtains the most number of “likes” from public voting will be awarded an iPad mini. In addition, all voters will automatically enter the lucky draw and three of them will win cash prizes of MOP1,000.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- Police apprehends drugs estimated to be worth MOP2.2m
- Guangdong-HK-Macau cultural tour starts from here
- CRIME | BNU urges some clients to change debit card passwords
- GAMING | Scholar points out potential tax loophole in local casinos
- COOPERATION | Forum implements first course outside Macau
- HK stocks retreat as gaming shares, developers decline
- Liaison Office sides with gov’t in opposition to democracy referendum
- Northern district residents concerned with LRT impacts
- MUSIC | Competition launched to promote piano studies
- Fitness trends Crossfit: ‘Program for the best, scale down for the rest’
- BOOTCAMP | From the gym to the street
- Alexis Tam calls democracy referendum ‘illegal’ and ‘invalid’
- Sulu Sou elected New Macau Association president
- MUST SURVEY | Locals increasingly gloomy on buying houses
- Gov’t sets up a talent database