HENGQIN: New water park extension at Chimelong project
The water park at the Hengqin Bay Hotel, located in Chimelong International Ocean Tourist Resort, was inaugurated last Saturday, becoming the region’s first hotel-based water park.
The park occupies 12,000 square meters, with both indoor and outdoor sections.
The indoor area has a regulated temperature, and features three “adventurous” water slides in order to attract the younger generation. “Deep Sea Adventure” is a children’s area with a massage pool and a surfing pool. The indoor water park was designed by a Canadian-based waterpark design and manufacture company called White Water.
A canal that measures 260 meters in length bridges the indoor park and the outside area. The open-air sector is equipped with a surfing pool, a swimming pool, and a pool and water slide specifically for kids.
A dolphin pool has also been set up to provide guests with the new experience of playing with dolphins.
Contacted by the Times this week, a spokesperson of the Hengqin Bay Hotel (which manages the water park), said that it would be difficult to give an estimate of visitor numbers directly following the park’s inauguration. This is due to the fact that a company has made a block booking at the park, which will not be open until the end of the week.
The water park is included in the facilities that hotel guests may use for free, and will usually be combined in a hotel package along with the circus show, the Ocean Kingdom, or both, according to the spokesperson.
Ticket prices for non-hotel guests will be set at RMB300 for adults and RMB210 for children, the elderly and the disabled.
The park will be open from 10 a.m. until 9.30 p.m.
The representative refused to estimate the number of visitors that the park might receive during the impending summer holidays, revealing only that 300–400 storage lockers are in place.
In July and August, the hotel provides outdoor BBQ parties, which are available for both hotel guests and walk-in visitors.
Managed by the Chimelong group, Hengqin Bay Hotel is an ocean-ecological-themed hotel located in the Hengqin New District. It opened in January this year.
The Chimelong Hengqin Bay Hotel features 1,888 guestrooms and suites. Besides the water park and dolphin pool, there are also outdoor facilities such as an outdoor swimming pool and an artificial beach.
The summer hotel package includes tickets to the water park and costs over RMB2,000. GY
Association visits Hengqin Ocean Kingdom
The Macau Association for the Mentally Handicapped organized a one-day trip to the Chimelong Ocean Kingdom in Hengqin. More than 80 members joined the tour, which took place on Monday. The trip was also supported by the Social Welfare Bureau.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- Police apprehends drugs estimated to be worth MOP2.2m
- Guangdong-HK-Macau cultural tour starts from here
- CRIME | BNU urges some clients to change debit card passwords
- GAMING | Scholar points out potential tax loophole in local casinos
- COOPERATION | Forum implements first course outside Macau
- HK stocks retreat as gaming shares, developers decline
- Liaison Office sides with gov’t in opposition to democracy referendum
- Northern district residents concerned with LRT impacts
- MUSIC | Competition launched to promote piano studies
- Fitness trends Crossfit: ‘Program for the best, scale down for the rest’
- BOOTCAMP | From the gym to the street
- Alexis Tam calls democracy referendum ‘illegal’ and ‘invalid’
- Sulu Sou elected New Macau Association president
- MUST SURVEY | Locals increasingly gloomy on buying houses
- Gov’t sets up a talent database