THE BUZZ: FIFA claims 2 Twitter records for Germany rout
FIFA is claiming two Twitter records for Germany’s stunning 7-1 win over Brazil in the World Cup semifinals.
FIFA says there were 35.6 million Twitter posts about the game yesterday, making it the most tweeted sports event.
FIFA says the previous record was 24.9 million posts for the Super Bowl in February. Then, the Seattle Seahawks won 43-8 against the Denver Broncos.
FIFA also claims a record for most Twitter messages about a subject or incident in a single minute.
A total of 580,166 tweets about the game were recorded in the minute after Germany took a 5-0 lead.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- Police apprehends drugs estimated to be worth MOP2.2m
- Guangdong-HK-Macau cultural tour starts from here
- CRIME | BNU urges some clients to change debit card passwords
- GAMING | Scholar points out potential tax loophole in local casinos
- COOPERATION | Forum implements first course outside Macau
- HK stocks retreat as gaming shares, developers decline
- Liaison Office sides with gov’t in opposition to democracy referendum
- Northern district residents concerned with LRT impacts
- MUSIC | Competition launched to promote piano studies
- Fitness trends Crossfit: ‘Program for the best, scale down for the rest’
- BOOTCAMP | From the gym to the street
- Alexis Tam calls democracy referendum ‘illegal’ and ‘invalid’
- Sulu Sou elected New Macau Association president
- MUST SURVEY | Locals increasingly gloomy on buying houses
- Gov’t sets up a talent database