MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

HeadlinesMacau
Home›Headlines›57 new cases found, tally rises to 1,583
Covid-19 Outbreak

57 new cases found, tally rises to 1,583

By Renato Marques, MDT
July 13, 2022
0
0
Share:

The discovery of 57 new positive cases on Monday brought the total number of Covid-19 cases to 1,583, the coordinator at the local Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Leong Iek Hou, announced during yesterday’s press briefing of the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center.

Of these, 24 are considered cases found in the community. However, Leong noted that only 18 were technically found in the community via mass testing and community testing measures. This is because six of the cases were found in people already under observation as a result of being close contacts of others known to be infected.

The same official also informed that 25 new people have been released from medical observation (10 previously confirmed cases and 15 asymptomatic cases).

Although the figure represents an effective increase when compared with the results for July 10, Leong explained that this happens because of the need to follow up on the results obtained during the seventh round of citywide testing, which revealed that 17 batches of 10-in-1 samples tested positive. The final results of these tests were only obtained on the following day and so were recorded on July 11.

She also noted that from those 17 cases, eight positive cases were found in the testing of the key groups: three cases related to people working in the food and beverage sector, and another five on people working in the cleaning sector.

“We can verify that these measures [citywide mass testing and testing of key groups] are essential to identify all the positive cases within the community and to effectively interrupt the transmission chain,” Leong said, adding that to achieve an eventual outcome of no cases in the community, “we must continue to test.”

Noting the eighth round of citywide mass testing, which started yesterday, Leong said that until 3 p.m. 182,404 samples had been collected. Of these, 32,952 have already returned negative results. No group sample tested positive as of this time yesterday.

The eighth round of mass testing concludes today at 6 p.m.

88-year-old woman recorded as third death of Covid-infected patient

An 88-year-old woman has passed away while under the care of the health authorities while infected with Covid-19 since July 6, deputy director of the Conde de São Januário Hospital Center, Dr. Lei Wai Seng has confirmed at the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center press briefing.

According to Lei’s report, the woman – who had contracted Covid-19 in an elderly home – had several chronic diseases, including a cardiac condition and diabetes, among other health issues.

Noting the attempt from the physicians from the Health Bureau to treat her with antiviral medicines, “she became unwell due to a severe [diabetic] episode and after discussion with her family members it was decided to not treat her more invasively. She was pronounced dead at around 1 p.m. yesterday,” Lei said.

This is the third death of a patient infected with the virus, although in none of these cases was a direct correlation between the virus and the cause of death established.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Ukraine granted extra EU aid of 1 ...

Next Article

Five tactics may help stabilize mental conditions ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Offbeat | Town moves man’s loudspeaker broadcast of taps to local park

      November 22, 2017
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Privacy watchdog head resigns for ‘personal reasons’

      June 7, 2017
      By -
    • Macau

      Report | China’s yuan to erode, not end, dollar’s dominance

      February 5, 2016
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Black Market | Tickets to see China’s Olympic gold medalists resold for up to RMB500

      August 29, 2016
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Macau to leave tax haven ‘blacklist’ after complying with EU rules

      January 17, 2018
      By -
    • Macau

      Visual arts exhibition to kick off Friday

      November 27, 2024
      By -

    • Macau

      Kong Chi faces 21 years in prison for corruption charges

    • World

      Spain hopes to vaccinate at least 10 million

    • Sports

      Exit awaits Real Madrid or Man City and at least three more title holders

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d