MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›Tourist lost nearly RMB30,000 in phone scam
Crime

Tourist lost nearly RMB30,000 in phone scam

By -
August 18, 2022
1
0
Share:

A mainland tourist allegedly lost RMB30,000 to a fraudster pretending to be a health authority employee in the neighboring region, according to the Judiciary Police (PJ). 

During the inspection, the victim told the local police he received a phone call claiming to be from a health official on the mainland last Saturday. The suspect told the victim that, according to the phone number of the victim, it showed he has been to the lockdown area, and that his health code will turn to red. 

He denied what the culprit said, then the suspect told the victim that their personal information would be stolen.

The suspect then transferred the phone call to another male suspect, who claimed to be a representative of police on the mainland and talked with the victim via video call. 

After, the victim believed what the suspect said and provided personal information, including his credit card number. 

After giving the personal information to the suspect, the victim received a notice of nearly RMB30,000 debit from the bank.

The victim realized it was a fraud and called the police.

No one has been arrested in this case so far. Staff Reporter

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

TagsCrime
Previous Article

Real estate transactions down in Q2, pre-sales ...

Next Article

CPU members unhappy with gov’t criteria on ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • China

      Four US college instructors teaching at Beihua U attacked in public park

      June 12, 2024
      By -
    • Macau

      Woman arrested for allegedly keeping lost property

      September 27, 2023
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • Macau

      PJ warns of fake celebrity voices and images created by AI

      August 25, 2025
      By Yuki Lei, MDT
    • Macau

      Sexagenarian man arrested for driving to the Hengqin Border

      March 31, 2022
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • Macau

      Man investigated for assaulting cleaner over trash

      March 17, 2026
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Online and phone scams lead to MOP157m loss in H1

      November 7, 2024
      By Renato Marques, MDT

    • World

      IRAQ intervention | US sending arms to Kurds

    • Business

      Real Estate Matters – Common Misconceptions | About Renting A Property In Macau – Part 1

    • Business

      Chinese market dive leads global stocks lower

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d