MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›Briefs | New wholesale market to open in Q2

Briefs | New wholesale market to open in Q2

By -
February 8, 2017
1
0
Share:

The Civil and Municipal Affairs Bureau (IACM) said that the city’s new wholesale market, which is currently under renovation, will open in the second quarter of the year with twice as many sales booths as the current market. IACM president José Tavares said all booths at the new market have already been rented out. In a written inquiry to IACM, lawmaker Kwan Tsui Heng questioned the future of the new market’s management model. José Tavares responded that the authorities will review the management model after 2022. 

Illegal graffiti in Tap Seac Gallery

The Tap Seac Gallery premises were vandalized on February 2, with three walls smeared with paint. The Cultural Affairs Bureau (IC) has reported the incident to the Judiciary Police (PJ), which is now investigating. No arrests have been made so far. PJ said that the culprits, once identified, will be charged with aggravated destruction of relics and can be sentenced to a maximum of five years in prison. The IC said repairs will cost approximately MOP20,000. 

Call for domestic helper market opening

Lawmaker Mak Soi Kun is calling for the government to open Macau’s domestic helper market to Guangdong Province, according to a report by TDM. In a written inquiry to the government, Mak praised the government’s work in livelihood policies, before adding that the Chinese central government has already permitted an unlimited number of domestic helpers from Fujian and Guangdong to work in the region. Mak remarked that the Macau government has only released this information to the city’s Labour Affairs Bureau, meaning that many local families who need domestic helpers are still unaware of the policy. He urged the government to make the information public through multiple channels.

FSS increases employer contribution

Starting this February, the standard employer contribution for social security will be MOP90. The Social Security Fund (FSS) announced that the contribution would be doubled from MOP45 on January 1 this year. The FSS reiterated yesterday that all employers are required to pay this new amount to contribute to their casual workers’ social security. Under the Executive Order, the contributions for casual workers from January 1 are MOP90 for employees who work more than 15 days a month, where employers’ and employees’ portions are MOP60 and MOP30 respectively. For employees who work fewer than 15 days a month, employers’ and employees’ contributions are MOP30 and MOP15 respectively.

IC extends deadline for subsidy program

The application deadline for the “2016 Subsidy Program for the Production of Original Animation Short Films” has been extended to 5 p.m on April 12. The Cultural Affairs Bureau (IC), which organizes the event, said the extended deadline allows 45 more days for applicants to prepare the necessary documents. Successful applicants will receive a subsidy of up to MOP240,000 for the production, promotion and marketing of the animated films. The “2016 Subsidy Program for the Production of Original Animation Short Films”, which launched last December, is part of the “Subsidy Program Series for Macau’s Cultural and Creative Industries”.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

More credit cards in 2016, HKD and ...

Next Article

Snake spotted on Taipa waterfront

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Christmas decorations cost MOP16.6 million

      December 5, 2024
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • Macau

      Tap Seac craft market to feature 220 stalls

      April 14, 2023
      By -
    • Macau

      Thailand | Macau visitors to face scrutiny even after mandatory self-quarantine

      March 16, 2020
      By -
    • Macau

      Lawmakers say ‘no’ to debating political reform

      November 19, 2014
      By Catarina Pinto
    • HeadlinesMacau

      2021 GMBPF | GD and Macau products fair themed ‘smart living’

      November 26, 2021
      By -
    • Macau

      Briefs | Top officials attend Liaison Office vice head’s funeral

      December 29, 2015
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Direct Macau-Nanchang flights launching in September

    • World

      The Buzz | Eurozone deficit down to lowest level since early 2008

    • Macau

      Placido Domingo pays tribute to city with long awaited concert

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia
    %d