MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Greater Bay
Home›Greater Bay›Hong Kong investigates possible sabotage in MTR derailment: SCMP report

Hong Kong investigates possible sabotage in MTR derailment: SCMP report

By -
September 19, 2019
0
0
Share:

Hong Kong’s government is to investigate whether the MTR East Rail line was sabotaged, the South China Morning Post reported late last night.

“As the mystery over the cause of the accident deepened, one line of inquiry turned to whether disgruntled MTR Corporation employees were behind the incident,” the SCMP said.

“Many possibilities have already been ruled out after further checks, so the Hong Kong government will look into whether the derailment was an inside job,” a source quoted by the newspaper said.

“So far, the MTR Corporation still has no clues about the probable cause of the incident.”

The SCMP added that the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department said “it would examine various factors, including the mechanical parts of the train, the track and associated devices, as well as the possibility of obstruction by foreign objects.”

It also emerged yesterday that a fourth crack had been found on the tracks. The rail accident was the city’s most serious in more than two decades. Five people were injured.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Jimmy Carter says he couldn’t have managed ...

Next Article

World briefs

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Greater BayMacau

      Pragmatic progress for Hengqin

      December 29, 2023
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • Greater BayHeadlines

      US lawmakers ramp up pressure on Hong Kong

      September 19, 2019
      By -
    • Greater Bay

      Artificial Intelligence in the GBA: From policy to daily life

      September 19, 2025
      By Times Reporter
    • Greater Bay

      Huizhou launches ‘trade-in’ consumption week

      April 11, 2025
      By -
    • Greater Bay

      Hong Kong police arrest five as latest protest march turns tense

      July 9, 2019
      By -
    • Greater Bay

      Hong Kong | Gov’t to roll out latest measures to support SMEs

      December 31, 2019
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • World

      Mozambique’s last rebel fighters finally lay down their arms

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Q&A – Charles Landry | Urban planner: ‘Green buildings have a higher value, so financially it can work’

    • Sports

      World Cup 2018 | Japan advances on yellow cards despite losing

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia
    %d