MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›IC threatens legal action against mainland developer

IC threatens legal action against mainland developer

By -
December 1, 2014
1
0
Share:
Ung Vai Meng

Ung Vai Meng

The Cultural Affairs Bureau (IC) president Ung Vai Meng said that the authorities would not rule out legal action against the parties who placed a large-scale advertising billboard in front of the Ruins of St Paul’s on Thursday.
The billboard was intended to promote a residential development project in Tanzhou, a Zhongshan town next to Zhuhai. The candidates of a beauty pageant were also seen posing in front of the board.
The Cultural Heritage Protection Law has stated that it is prohibited to use certified heritage buildings for commercial promotion. Ung said that after the IC was alerted to the situation, IC staff were dispatched to the scene and asked the parties responsible to remove the billboard and leave.
“For Macau, this is a relatively rare scenario. This incident is a seriously alarming for us. We hope that other tourist spots such as the Guia Lighthouse and the Mandarin House will prevent this type of incident from happening [again],” he said.
The president indicated that the IC is currently studying the case and reserves the rights to launch legal action against the parties involved.
Meanwhile, the Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau stated that it had not approved the promotional activity, which is suspected to be in violation of the General Regulations Governing Public Places. The bureau added that it had previously prosecuted several illegal promotional activities at the Ruins of St Paul’s.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Gross domestic product slides in third quarter

Next Article

Gov’t reveals 2014 honors titles recipients

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      UN holds high-level strategy forum in town for South-South cooperation

      August 26, 2015
      By Brook Yang
    • HeadlinesMacau

      The 13 Hotel delays opening until July

      June 29, 2018
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Asian Film Camp 2025 names eight winning short films

      September 16, 2025
      By Times Reporter
    • Macau

      Despite zero news on a return to normality, tourism board to start targeting foreign markets

      November 9, 2022
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • Macau

      Falling acid injures 66-year-old woman

      February 20, 2020
      By -
    • Macau

      Prosperity Index to rise amid steady recovery

      August 15, 2023
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Extra TimesMacau

      Macau Racing Tips | The Memphis 1800 Turf 2021-01-30 | Saturday | 15:10

    • Business

      Retail | Ralph Lauren’s retreat from discounting helps bolster profit

    • World

      This day in history | 1945 – United Nations Organization is born

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d