MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Forum
Home›Forum›Angola plans to receive 4.6m tourists by 2020

Angola plans to receive 4.6m tourists by 2020

By -
February 10, 2015
1
0
Share:

Angola’s Ministry of Hotels and Tourism wants the country to receive over 4.6 million tourists by 2020, in view of the increase in Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and the diversification of the economy, the Minister said Friday.
Peter Mutinde, speaking in Lobito during the opening ceremony of the new Hotel Terminus, noted that the Ministry intends to increase the number of jobs by over a million, by opening more establishments connected to this sector of the economy.
The minister said the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism plans to contribute USD3.1 billion to the country’s GDP in the same period, by exploiting the potential of the country, according to Angolan news agency Angop.
He said the government was gathering all the conditions necessary for tourism, starting with economic stabilization, construction of roads, bridges, airports and railways, for sustainable development of the sector, based on the diversification of sources of revenue for the country.
“At least 84 new hotels were built in Angola between 2008 and 2012, allowing the addition of 4780 rooms. In 2008 the country had 61 hotels and 2822 rooms and currently has 145 hotels and 7602 rooms,” he said.
The country’s hotels and related facilities last year welcomed 1.15 million guests, an increase of 170,560 compared to 2012, according to the statistical bulletin for the Angolan hotel and tourism market.  MDT/Macauhub

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

TagsAngola
Previous Article

New year dilemma for mainland’s ‘home-fear tribe’

Next Article

Cape Verdean central bank wants more lending ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      IPIM tours four GBA cities to foster regional cooperation

      January 21, 2025
      By -
    • Forum

      Angola starts issuing multiple entry visas

      February 26, 2015
      By -
    • Forum

      Angola may be Africa’s biggest oil producer again in 2014

      September 17, 2014
      By -
    • Forum

      National Bank of Angola to design new coins

      March 5, 2015
      By -
    • Forum

      Gasoline no longer subsidized in Angola

      May 7, 2015
      By -
    • Forum

      BIC Angola negotiates sale of stake to int’l bank

      November 27, 2014
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Macau

      Tamagnini Barbosa Municipal Market Complex to undergo optimization project

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Health | Two-year old hospitalized with flu complications, six new cases reported

    • Macau

      Truck caught smuggling 4,500 counterfeit phones via HZMB

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia
    %d