MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

HeadlinesMacau
Home›Headlines›Crime | Mainland gambler finds ‘blue card’ much more convenient for casino visits

Crime | Mainland gambler finds ‘blue card’ much more convenient for casino visits

By Renato Marques, MDT
March 5, 2019
0
0
Share:

A 32-year-old mainland man has been accused of document forgery in a case that the Public Security Police Force (PSP) received in the form of a complaint from an anonymous woman, PSP spokesperson Cheong Heon Fan informed yesterday at a joint press conference held at the Judiciary Police (PJ) headquarters.

The case began with a complaint from an anonymous source, who told the PSP that a certain man had bought a quota for a non-resident worker (a blue card) from a local restaurant, where he had never in fact worked. The man had been using the document to easily enter and exit Macau for gambling purposes.

After an investigation and several attempts to find the man, the PSP finally located him at the restaurant last Saturday.

When taken for questioning, the man confessed to having acquired the document via the restaurant for gambling purposes, in order to avoid the process of an individual visa (and its limitations) every time he wanted to enter Macau to play in the local casinos.

He said to police that he had paid RMB20,000 for the processing of the document.

The PSP have already forwarded the case to the Public Prosecutions Office (MP) on charges of document forgery. No information was disclosed on whether the authorities are doing their due diligence in order to seek accountability from the establishment owners.

COOK CAUGHT STEALING FROM TAXIS

In a separate case, a local 22-year-old man who works as a cook in a restaurant has been accused of performing a series of thefts at a car park in the Fai Chi Kei area.

According to PSP spokesperson Cheong, the man had knowledge of a common procedure among several taxi drivers who would park their cars in a certain parking lot while changing the driver’s shift, leaving the cars unlocked.

He made use of the knowledge last Saturday at around 10:15 a.m., entering the car park and checking which taxis were open one by one, searching the cars’ interiors for cash and valuables.

According to the police report, the man stole at least MOP230 and HKD400 in cash from several vehicles, money he was said to have spent immediately thereafter.

He was presented to the MP for theft yesterday.

FINDERS, (SHOULD NOT BE) KEEPERS

A 33-year-old mainland man wanted by local authorities was caught by the PSP reentering Macau at the Border Gate on Sunday at around 4 p.m.

The man is wanted for appropriation, in respect of finding goods in a case that goes back to January 31, when the suspect, after having a meal at a restaurant located inside a Cotai casino, noticed that a red bag had been left behind by customers seated at a table next to him.

According to the PSP spokesperson, the man decided to take the bag and left Macau almost immediately.

After being questioned by the police force, the man admitted to the crime, explaining that he took the bag and then emptied the cash from inside (HKD4,000 and RMB200) before returning to the mainland.

As for the bag and its contents, he is said to have dumped it in a garbage bin.

He was presented to the MP on the charges of appropriation yesterday.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Motorcyclist dies in traffic accident involving suspected ...

Next Article

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 – edition no. ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Macau completes first robot-assisted partial knee replacement

      May 19, 2026
      By Nadia Shaw, MDT
    • Advertorial

      Automotive service develops business model, sales following partnership with Sands China

      October 15, 2019
      By -
    • Macau

      Regulation to foster educational exchange with Guangdong Province takes effect

      March 15, 2021
      By Honey Tsang, MDT
    • Macau

      Insurance firms to launch products adapted to travel alerts

      February 22, 2017
      By Lynzy Valles, MDT
    • MacauSports

      GBA GT | Cup Taiwanese driver takes the win

      November 22, 2021
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • Macau

      Macau flu rate still low, gov’t doctor says

      December 18, 2023
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Business

      Corporate Bits | BNU, City U sign strategic partnership

    • World

      The Buzz | Benfica scores 10, breaks decades-old record

    • HeadlinesMacau

      ‘Little Rabbit Lanterns’ part 11 inaugurated

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d