MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›CRIME | Street altercation leads to brawl with officers

CRIME | Street altercation leads to brawl with officers

By -
September 23, 2014
1
0
Share:

The Public Security Police (PSP) has handed over a 37-year-old Nigerian man to the Public Prosecution Office (MP) after he was involved in a physical altercation with the police and allegedly made attempts at resistance and coercion, harming the physical integrity and damaging the property of others.
Police information suggested that the PSP received a report in the early hours of Sunday morning that claimed several people were fighting in the leisure area of Praça de Ponte e Horta.
After PSP officers arrived, they found eight men who were all pushing each other around. However, they all escaped in different directions after spotting the police.
Officers successfully intercepted three of the suspects but one of them, the Nigerian man, suddenly became resistant and assaulted the police, while the other two men attempted to flee the scene.
Whilst struggling with the police, the Nigerian was alleged to have attempted to snatch the baton of one of the officers and to have caused damage to the uniform of another.
He then attempted to escape again and was eventually subdued by the reinforcing officers.
PSP claimed that the incident caused injuries to its staff.
The Nigerian man later claimed that he was in an argument with the other men at the square, but said there were no physical altercations.
The man also claimed that he only ran away from the police out of fear and denied assaulting the officers or snatching the baton.
In addition to this, the Judiciary Police (PJ) also caught a mainland man who was alleged to have raped a Hong Kong woman.
PJ revealed that the suspect and the victim met each other in June this year and had been conversing through a mobile phone app since then.
During their chat, the woman revealed that she had some credit card debts and was having trouble with her mobile phone, which she said was broken.
In the early hours of September 21, the man contacted her and claimed that he was going to give her a new phone and some cash to pay her debts.
The two met at a casino in Taipa, where the man told the woman that he left the money behind in his hotel room.
After the two arrived at the room, the man allegedly raped the woman and forbade her from leaving.
Eventually, the woman escaped. She sought help from the security staff of the hotel and later notified the police.
During their investigation, PJ found that the man had been involved in another rape case in May 2012.
The man has been handed over to the MP. JPL

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Residents slam gov’t for Inner Harbour flooding

Next Article

Police prosecutes FMG members for disobedience

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • HeadlinesMacau

      First time in 60 years that no hydrofoils are operating between Macau and HK, group claims

      July 2, 2024
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • Macau

      Tourism board investigating Cotai resort pricing mistake

      June 25, 2020
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Consumer Council now handles disputes on mainland e-shops

      November 19, 2019
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Visitor expenditures surpass 2019 levels

      February 23, 2024
      By Lynzy Valles, MDT
    • Macau

      Driver nabbed with 126g of cannabis

      October 31, 2025
      By -
    • Macau

      Lei Kit Meng wins again

      November 18, 2024
      By Renato Marques, MDT

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Asia-Pacific

      Malaysia | New search by private company for missing plane approved

    • Macau

      Gaming | Slot machines in VIP rooms show desperation of casinos

    • BusinessHeadlines

      Melco’s expansion beyond borders will not harm Macau, experts say

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia
    %d