MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

HeadlinesMacau
Home›Headlines›Gaming | Nevada regulators to fine Wynn Resorts over sex allegations

Gaming | Nevada regulators to fine Wynn Resorts over sex allegations

By -
January 30, 2019
1
0
Share:

Steve Wynn, founder and former CEO of Wynn Resorts

Nevada gambling regulators announced a settlement yesterday with casino mogul Steve Wynn’s former company over allegations that former executives failed on multiple occasions to investigate claims of sexual misconduct against him.

The Nevada Gaming Control Board detailed at least seven allegations of misconduct by Wynn dating to 2005 in which former executives and managers of Wynn Resorts became of aware of the claims but failed to act. The board also said Wynn’s conduct was “inappropriate and unsuitable” and violated company policies.

Wynn resigned from his company in February 2018 and has denied any misconduct.

The control board’s settlement with Wynn Resorts does not revoke or limit its gambling license but requires the company to pay a fine. The amount will be set by the Nevada Gaming Commission, but it wasn’t immediately clear when that could occur.

Wynn Resorts said in a statement the closing of the board’s investigation was “an important remedial step” and noted that any employee named in the control board’s report as having been aware of the allegations but who failed to investigate or report them are “no longer with the company.”

“We have fully cooperated and been transparent with the board in this in-depth investigation. We look forward to appearing before the Nevada Gaming Commission to review the settlement and establish the final resolution of the investigation,” the statement said.

Wynn’s attorney L. Lin Wood said he was busy with a deposition for another case Monday and was not in a position to respond.

The Nevada Gaming Control Board’s investigation began last year after a January 2018 report in the Wall Street Journal that said a number of women reported they were harassed or assaulted by Wynn, including one case that led to a USD7.5 million settlement with a manicurist.

Its complaint said that the woman in 2005 alleged she had been raped by Wynn and became pregnant as a result. The complaint said the salon’s management reported the allegations to human resources and at least four former executives failed to take action after learning of the allegations.

The complaint said former executives also failed to investigate after a cocktail server alleged that Wynn pressured her into a nonconsensual sexual relationship from 2005 to 2006, which resulted in him paying a private settlement of $975,000 to the woman and her parents.

The complaint also says Wynn sexually harassed multiple flight attendants with Las Vegas Jet, LLC., a Wynn Resorts subsidiary that provided pilots and other flight services for several aircraft owned by the company.

The report also included allegations from three workers at the Wynn Resort spa that Wynn sexually harassed them while he was receiving massages in 2014, allegations that Wynn engaged in sexual misconduct in 2005 against a former cocktail server and flight attendant, allegations that a Wynn employee, not named in the report, facilitated sexual relationships for Wynn and hotel guests with cocktail servers, and allegations made in a 2007 email to Wynn’s former general counsel alleging that a former executive not named in the report “loves sleeping with cocktail servers.”

Along with the probe by Nevada regulators, a similar investigation was launched in Massachusetts, where Wynn Resorts plans to open a $2 billion casino-hotel this summer near Boston. Wynn has sued to block the release of a Massachusetts Gaming Commission report on its investigation, arguing it contains confidential information that is protected by attorney-client privilege.

A Nevada judge has temporarily blocked the report’s release.

The Macau gaming authority did not open its own investigation into Wynn Resorts but said last year that it was seeking more information from local subsidiary Wynn Macau. The local arm of the Wynn casino empire said it would “fully cooperate with any requests” from the Macau Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau.

Wynn Resorts said the company had “undergone an extensive self-examination over the last twelve months,” to create a safe, healthy and supportive workplace.

The changes included leadership changes, including a new CEO and changeover at the company’s board of directors, sexual harassment prevention training for all employees, a women’s leadership council that promotes equality in the workplace and studies of pay and promotion equity.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Officer Larry Hadfield said he was not aware of the police department launching any criminal investigations based on allegations released in the report. MDT/AP

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Xi Jinping to attend MSAR’s 20th anniversary

Next Article

Legislative Assembly | HKZMB connections and traffic ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Extra TimesMacau

      The Autumn Salon 2021 | Leaves of art

      October 22, 2021
      By -
    • ChinaHeadlines

      Summit could challenge US dominance and lend weight to China’s vision of a multipolar world

      September 2, 2025
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Lawmakers backing population’s objections to tour groups

      March 30, 2023
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • Macau

      Body of deceased woman found on walking trail

      August 17, 2020
      By -
    • Macau

      COURTS | Sheldon Adelson facing 49 hours of pretrial questions

      February 22, 2016
      By -
    • Macau

      China issues priority list for pilot free trade zones

      June 27, 2023
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • China

      Flooding displaces 10,000 as Beijing gets a relative respite from sweltering heat

    • OpinionWorld Views

      How many Americans believe in astrology?

    • Macau

      Caritas fundraising bazaar to take place this weekend

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d