MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

HeadlinesMacau
Home›Headlines›IAS says some nurseries ignore suspension recommendation

IAS says some nurseries ignore suspension recommendation

By Anthony Lam, MDT
April 24, 2020
0
0
Share:

 

The Social Welfare Bureau (IAS), which oversees government-subsidized nurseries across the city, admitted yesterday that they could only “strongly recommend” that other nurseries suspend their services for the time being.
Choi Pui Ying, chief of the Division for Social Facility Licensing and Supervision of the bureau, was asked at the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center’s daily press conference why some nurseries have resumed operating.
She admitted that non-subsidized private nurseries are operating in response to market demand. As many companies have resumed operations, the need for daycare services has re-emerged, the official explained.
“Actually, the nurseries that have resumed are only taking 10% of their capacity,” Choi pointed out. “Also, they have notified us prior to their resumption [of service].”
Special arrangements have been made to protect health, according to Choi. For example, nurseries have distributed children across shortened sessions, so as to shrink the size of each session.
“Our nurses and staff have conducted spot checks on these facilities to ensure safety,” the official added.
Another reason behind nurseries reopening is that the normal admission period of nurseries commences around this time of the year. Nursery operators need to reopen to handle work and procedures in that respect.

Sheraton wraps up mission

The largest hotel that the city has so far used as a quarantine facility, the Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, has officially been discharged from the mission, Inês Chan, head of the Department for Licensing and Supervision of the Macao Government Tourism Office, told yesterday’s press conference.
After sanitization was carried out as instructed by the Health Bureau, the part that was used for quarantine purposes will resume offering short-term accommodation.
There are now only two hotels – the 300-room Golden Crown China Hotel and the 298-room Pousada Marina Infante – that are still being used as quarantine facilities. Now only 163 people remain in these two hotels.
Chan said that the local tourism board does not see a significant future need for extra quarantine hotels, considering the special immigration measures enacted across the world.

One more recovered

Another of the city’s Covid-19 patients has recovered from the disease and has been transferred to the Public Health Clinical Center for recovery quarantine.
The recovered patient is a 32-year-old male resident, who is the fiancé of the city’s 11th Covid-19 patient, a female flight crew member of Korean nationality. The duo returned to Macau from Porto, Portugal, with stopovers in Dubai and Hong Kong.
In contrast to his fiancée’s immediate diagnosis upon arriving in Macau on March 15, the man did not test positive until near the end of his 14-day quarantine period. He was diagnosed on March 28.
He was hospitalized for 27 days. He did not develop pneumonia during his hospitalization.
Lo Iek Long, medical director of the Conde São Januário Hospital, explained that the patient was one of the mildest cases in the city, although he stayed in the medical facility for longer than some other Covid-19 patients.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

IKEA opens first store as booking slots ...

Next Article

Legislative Assembly | Macau sets aside billions ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Ho’s trial resumes with focus on agarwood artworks

      February 7, 2017
      By Julie Zhu, MDT
    • Macau

      Briefs | New Hengqin border facilities to be completed in six years

      December 7, 2016
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Migrant groups unite to raise awareness of domestic violence

      February 18, 2019
      By Lynzy Valles, MDT
    • Macau

      IAM, Gongbei Customs join hands to ensure food safety

      August 10, 2023
      By -
    • Macau

      Associations say minimum wage hike provides relief amid looming cost

      January 9, 2026
      By Lynzy Valles, MDT
    • ChinaHeadlines

      Mystery train from Pyongyang | North Korea’s Kim Jong Un is said to make surprise China visit

      March 28, 2018
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Macau

      Regional privacy authorities publish anonymization guide

    • Asia-Pacific

      Mongolia hikes interest rate to protect currency

    • China DailyOpinion

      Pragmatism sees vision turning to reality

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia
    %d