MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

World
Home›World›Life & Style | Welcome to Orcland: Lord of the Rings to film in New Zealand

Life & Style | Welcome to Orcland: Lord of the Rings to film in New Zealand

By -
September 20, 2019
0
0
Share:

Amazon announced it will film its upcoming television series “The Lord of the Rings” in New Zealand, marking a return of the orcs, elves and hobbits to the country they became synonymous with over the course of six movies directed by Peter Jackson.

Amazon Studios said it had found a great location with world-class sets and skilled staff. It said pre-production had already started and production on the series would begin in the city of Auckland over the coming months.

“As we searched for the location in which we could bring to life the primordial beauty of the Second Age of Middle-earth, we knew we needed to find somewhere majestic, with pristine coasts, forests, and mountains,” showrunners and executive producers J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay wrote in a statement.

But Amazon wouldn’t reveal the extent of its plans for the series.

Some have speculated Amazon could spend more than $1 billion on the series as it looks to take on other streaming services like Netflix with its Prime Video service.

New Zealand’s Economic Development Minister Phil Twyford welcomed the news, saying the series would give a boost to the screen industry and create hundreds of new jobs.

Amazon Prime Video to stream Rihanna’s lingerie show

Rihanna believes women of all shapes, colors and sizes should be celebrated, and that spirit of inclusion has made her lingerie and beauty lines massive successes.

“Women just need a little bit of validation,” the superstar explained to The Associated Press ahead of her Savage X Fenty fashion show last week.

“You are beautiful. Your body’s beautiful. Your body’s sexy and you deserve to feel that way,” she added.

Her mission will be showcased today as Amazon Prime Video streams her New York Fashion Week extravaganza for Savage X Fenty in more than 200 countries and territories. The event’s army of models included women of all sizes in a range of ethnicities and skin tones.

“We need to make stuff that’s real and looks like the world,” rapper Rapsody said of how Rihanna is changing the fashion and beauty game.

The show, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, was drenched in dreamy color — yellow, purple, blue and green — evoking an exotic locale with four tiers of large arched windows, stairs and a shallow round pool.

No Britney Spears, no decisions made at closed court hearing

A hearing to review the court conservatorship that controls the money and affairs of Britney Spears has ended with no decisions made and no appearance from the singer.

Yesterday’s hearing in Los Angeles County Superior Court was closed to the public and media and it’s not clear what was said. Judge Brenda Penny issued no rulings during or after the proceedings, and Spears was not listed among those in attendance, a group that included both of her parents.

The 37-year-old Spears (pictured with her father) had appeared and spoken to the court at her request at another closed hearing in May, raising the possibility that after 11 years the conservatorship could undergo major changes or be ended altogether.

A judge had asked for an analyst to review her circumstances and had been expected to hear at least some of the results yesterday.

Penny scheduled another hearing for January.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Tagslife&style
Previous Article

F&B | Smoked salmon the old-fashioned way ...

Next Article

News of the World | Amazon tribe ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • World

      Life & Style | Sofia Loren, Valentino receive standing ovation in Milan

      September 24, 2019
      By -
    • World

      K-Pop star Goo Hara found dead at her Seoul home

      November 25, 2019
      By -
    • World

      Seoul police investigating BTS member over traffic accident

      November 5, 2019
      By -
    • World

      Life & Style | Benetton makes a splash on the eve of Milan Fashion Week

      September 19, 2019
      By -
    • World

      English sporting takeover comes with a twist

      October 28, 2019
      By -
    • World

      Italy’s white truffle hunters worry about climate change

      November 20, 2019
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Macau

      ART | Curators from Portuguese museums share experiences in Macau

    • Sports

      Ski | Kenyan Simader on fast track to 2018 Olympic downhill

    • Macau

      Gaming | Suncity purchase just a rumor, says Beijing Imperial owner

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d