MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Forum
Home›Forum›Mozambique | Work on the Sena Railroad completed in 1Q 2015

Mozambique | Work on the Sena Railroad completed in 1Q 2015

By -
January 6, 2015
1
0
Share:

Work to boost the capacity of the Sena Railroad in Mozambique from 6.5 million tons to 20 million tons of cargo per year are in the final stages, said the director of the Sena Line Reconstruction (BR CL) Brigade, Elias Xai-Xai. The contract, costing approximately 163 million euros, has been carried out since June 2013 and should be completed in the first quarter of 2015 and cover the full extent of the line, or 575 kilometers between the coal town of Moatize, in Tete province and the port of Beira, in Sofala province. Xai-Xai told daily newspaper Notícias that at the Sena stations of Magagade, Caia, Inhamitanga and Mazamba in Sofala, work had been completed to expanding lines from 750 to 1,500 metres long, including laying track at the remaining 20 of a total 31 station along the railway line. Ongoing work includes laying ballast, rebuilding over 300 bridges, culverts and aqueducts, especially in the Lower Zambezi area, notably restoration of the Dona Ana bridge that connects the banks of the Zambezi between Sena in Caia, and Mutarara, a over approximately 5 kilometers.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

TagsMozambique
Previous Article

Hong Kong | CY Leung cancels town ...

Next Article

Angola expected to return to budget surpluses ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Forum

      Mozambique | New dams add 3,600 megawatts of power production

      March 26, 2015
      By -
    • Forum

      Mozambique exports USD70m in bananas

      September 16, 2014
      By -
    • Forum

      Mozambique among the 3 African economies with highest growth by 2019

      December 4, 2014
      By -
    • Forum

      Mozambique | Tax revenues grow

      September 17, 2014
      By -
    • Forum

      Mozambican rubies auctioned for USD43m in Singapore

      December 17, 2014
      By -
    • Forum

      Mozambique | Cabo Delgado contains 1 billion tons of graphite

      December 10, 2015
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • World

      Widening egg scandal hits 17 countries in Europe

    • BusinessHeadlines

      Chinese investors buy Caesars’ games unit for USD4.4 billion

    • Sports

      Mongolia’s Olympic wrestling strip gets public backing

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia
    %d