MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

World
Home›World›UK | Britons mark the 10th anniversary of London transit attacks

UK | Britons mark the 10th anniversary of London transit attacks

By -
July 8, 2015
1
0
Share:
Britain’s Prime Minister David Cameron, right, and London Mayor Boris Johnson walk through the 7/7 memorial in Hyde Park to lay wreaths in London

Britain’s Prime Minister David Cameron, right, and London Mayor Boris Johnson walk through the 7/7 memorial in Hyde Park to lay wreaths in London

Britons paused in silence and walked in solidarity yesterday to mark the 10th anniversary of suicide bomb attacks on London’s transit system.
Four British men inspired by al-Qaida blew themselves up on three London subway trains and a bus during the morning rush hour on July 7, 2005, killing 52 commuters and injuring more than 700.
Prime Minister David Cameron and London Mayor Boris Johnson led a wreath-laying ceremony at a memorial in London’s Hyde Park at 8:50 a.m., the moment the attacks began. Survivors, transport staff and emergency workers laid flowers at the sites of the four bombings, while some Londoners heeded a call to walk part of the way to work — under the slogan Walk Together — in memory of the day 10 years ago when the city’s transit network stopped.
Cameron said the recent slaying of 30 British tourists in Tunisia was a reminder that terrorist threats remain real and deadly. Last month’s gun rampage in the Tunisian resort of Sousse was the deadliest attack on Britons since 2005.
“It’s a day when we recall the incredible resolve and resolution of Londoners and the United Kingdom, a day when we remember the threat that we still face,” Cameron said. “But, above all it’s a day when we think of the grace and the dignity of the victims’ families for all they have been through and we honor the memory of those victims and all those that were lost 10 years ago today.”
A memorial service was also being held yesterday at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London, and later Prince William was to attend a ceremony at the Hyde Park memorial. AP

6 bank employees fired for staging mock is slaying video

HSBC has fired six employees who staged a mock Islamic State group-style killing during a team-building exercise. The Sun newspaper reported yesterday the footage posted online showed five workers wearing overalls and balaclavas laughing as a South Asian colleague wearing an orange jumpsuit knelt at their feet. One held a coat hanger as a pretend knife while another held the kneeling man by the shoulders. One employee then yells “Allahu Akbar!” — Arabic for “God is great” — a phrase often used before IS hostages are slain. HSBC says in a statement it had fired those involved in the “abhorrent” video as soon as the Sun brought it to their attention. The company apologized for any offense the video caused.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

USA | Cosby admits to obtaining drugs ...

Next Article

Thailand | Military court releases 14 student ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • World

      UK Lord Chancellor defends court after Brexit decision furor

      November 7, 2016
      By -
    • BuzzWorld

      Iran’s currency falls to an all-time low as Trump clinches the US presidency

      November 7, 2024
      By -
    • World

      World Briefs

      January 15, 2019
      By -
    • World

      World Briefs

      July 30, 2015
      By -
    • World

      Biden to press G-20 to hold tough on Russia over Ukraine war

      November 16, 2022
      By -
    • World

      USA | As many as a million expected for pope’s last Mass of visit

      September 28, 2015
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Prosperity index forecast to remain high

    • HeadlinesMacau

      New agreement supports Macau’s Belt and Road role

    • HeadlinesWorld

      COP26 Nations compromise on coal to strike UN climate agreement

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d