MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›250 people added to DICJ’s casino entry blacklist

250 people added to DICJ’s casino entry blacklist

By -
November 15, 2017
0
0
Share:

Two hundred and fifty people have been banned from entering Macau casinos, the Director of the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) Paulo Martins Chan said yesterday, on the sidelines of the opening ceremony of the MGS Entertainment Show.

“I do not have official statistics, but Macau residents are not in the majority,” said Chan.

At the end of last year, DICJ once again implemented measures to ban specific people from entering casinos.

“They [the banned people] engaged in erroneous behaviors, and practiced semi-public crimes. A few victims did not report them, which leaves nothing to do in terms of criminal procedures. These [misbehaving people] repeatedly do such things as stealing small casino chips, which is disruptive to the casinos’ orders [function],” said Chan, adding that these are the main reasons why DICJ re-initiated the practice of banning miscreants.

The DICJ director also noted that the bureau is trying to conclude a report on the consultation of laws regarding requirements for entry to casinos and for working in the gaming sector.

“We are still sorting out the opinions; we will write a report later. […] We hope to have a report before the end of this year,” announced Chan.

When speaking about this year’s casino gross gaming revenue (GGR) increase, as well as that of next year, Chan said “the increase of the GGR is not our most fundamental job. We mostly supervise. But we hope that we can provide the best commercial environment, which can lead tourists to feel secure, and the world to be confident [in us],” said Chan.

DICJ, together with the gaming operators’ executives, agreed on establishing an emergency mechanism to deal with risks and crises such as typhoons.

According to Chan, the mechanism has been proved successful following its implementation after the deadly typhoon Hato hit the city.

“Regarding security, we [DICJ and casino executives] had several meetings. DICJ ordered them to purchase some equipment to be [put] in place consistently, and to be installed soon,” explained Chan, adding that the equipment consists mainly of “communication facilities and human resources.”

The DICJ head also informed that the government is preparing an anti-terrorism drill. However, since the drill will be organized through the police force, Chan did not disclose more information regarding it.

In relation to gaming table applications, Chan reaffirmed “we reiterate that any application for gaming tables must be submitted by the six gaming operators. Until now, no gaming operator has submitted an application,” said Chan.

When asked if DICJ will enhance supervision over junket promoters, Chan responded: “actually, we have been paying much attention to the supervision of junket promoters for the past two years, aside from several regulations […]. Overall, we hope the entire industry can have a healthy development.”

MGS opens 3-day exhibition and summit

The 2017 MGS Entertainment Show and Summit kicked off yesterday morning with its opening ceremony at The Venetian Macao. MGS organizer Jay Chun, Chairman of the Macau Gaming Equipment Manufacturers  Association (MGEMA), delivering the welcoming speech to the more than 300 guests in attendance “The theme of this year’s show  is the Smart City, and we have many smart-city technologies displayed on the show floor – robotics, video surveillance,  cloud computing, and mobile software applications. It is our goal to help pave the way for entrepreneurs who are coming up with innovative ideas that will change entertainment and everyday life for all of us,” Jay Chun said.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Ho Iat Sang requests postponement of Sulu ...

Next Article

Lifestyle | Enthusiasts to hold first ‘raw ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • HeadlinesMacau

      MIECF to see four symposia this year

      August 9, 2023
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Wai Long | New social housing plans include 2,000 fewer residential units

      February 8, 2021
      By Julie Zhu, MDT
    • Macau

      Photographer collaborates with EXIT on ‘My City’ collection

      May 7, 2021
      By -
    • Macau

      Elaine Wynn files lawsuit over shareholder list

      May 4, 2018
      By -
    • Macau

      Property price index on slight increase

      May 9, 2023
      By -
    • Macau

      Ask The Vet | Cat teeth cleaning steps

      January 28, 2019
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Macau

      Digital yuan could reshape Macau’s gambling industry: experts

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Wynn Macau confident in obtaining new concession

    • BuzzWorld

      Trump rolls out his Board of Peace at Davos, but many top US allies aren’t participating

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia
    %d