MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›Zone A construction extended to 2017

Zone A construction extended to 2017

By -
December 30, 2015
1
0
Share:
This model depicts Reclamation Zone A, where 96,000 people are expected to live in 32,000 residential units that stretch along 138 hectares

This model depicts Reclamation Zone A, where 96,000 people are expected to live in 32,000 residential units that stretch along 138 hectares

The reclamation contract of Zone A has been formally extended from 2015 to 2017, according to a notice published in the Official Gazette this week.
The extension follows an announcement made by the Secretary for Transport and Public Works Raimundo do Rosário, who stressed earlier this month during the Policy Address debate that it would be impossible to complete all of the government’s planned infrastructure measures in such a short time.
Authorities had initially scheduled the completion of the Zone A reclamation works, located in the Macau peninsula northeast, for last month. However, they failed to comply, allegedly due to a short supply of sand.
“I hope that there is sand in 2016. I do not know if it will be right at the beginning or the end of the year. It is merely my expectation. If we do not have sand, then we will proceed with the construction of a temporary bridge,” said Raymundo do Rosario during the second day of the secretarial debate.
During the debate, do Rosario did not provide a deadline for the conclusion of the reclamation works. He explained that he would not yet be able to fulfill all of the MSAR government’s promises, due to the numerous works that still have to be completed by 2019. These range from public transport and housing to land management, taxis and more.
However, the consortium in charge of the construction says that there will be no change to the amount of money that will be used for the reclamation works, which is allegedly close to 1.9 billion patacas.
Due to the delay of the public housing projects planned for Zone A, the bridge will likely open before the reclamation works are completed.
The secretary announced earlier that in the event of further delay to the reclamation works in Zone A, the government is willing to build a temporary bridge connecting the Macau peninsula directly to the HK-Zhuhai-Macau bridge.

pro-democracy group slams gov’t for idle land

The Macau Community Development Initiative urged the government to retrieve three land plots that have passed the deadline for property development. The land resources, identified by the Commission Against Corruption (CCAC) in its report released last Thursday, have been idle for a long time. The group, which is linked to the New Macau Association, attributed the issue to the authorities’ inaction and demanded they  publicize the information of all land swathes due for recovery. It also accused the officials in question of malfeasance. The abovementioned land plots have a combined surface area of over 14,000 square meters.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Billionaire Cheng transfers holdings to family, sells ...

Next Article

Adelson’s purchase of newspaper mired in controversy

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      China’s Xi and Russia’s Putin reinforce ties in video call

      February 5, 2026
      By -
    • Macau

      MUST president: Payload specialist selection significant to Macau’s science development

      October 6, 2022
      By -
    • Macau

      Macau holds job fairs to fill over 140 vacancies

      July 10, 2024
      By -
    • Macau

      HKZMB | Zhuhai port recorded 2.9m crossings in first two months

      December 27, 2018
      By -
    • Macau

      Voucher campaign for E-wallet spenders

      March 4, 2024
      By -
    • Macau

      MIF highlights opportunities in Lusophone markets

      October 9, 2024
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • World

      Un-baaaaa-lievable: Goats invade locked down Welsh town

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Gaming | Analysts united over negligible effect of proxy betting ban

    • HeadlinesMacau

      IAM with fewer competences, more staff and budget

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d