MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

HeadlinesMacau
Home›Headlines›95 foreign visitors have entered Macau over the last week
Covid-19

95 foreign visitors have entered Macau over the last week

By Renato Marques, MDT
September 9, 2022
1
0
Share:

A total of 95 tourists holding foreign passports have entered Macau over the past week, health authorities said in a reply to a Times inquiry during yesterday’s press briefing from the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center.

According to the officials, these 95 foreign visitors include holders of Portuguese passports. It is unclear how many of these tourists benefited from the measure launched by the government on September 1 allowing the entry of visitors holding passports from 41 different countries.

“Last week a total of 1,204 people entered Macau coming from areas of medium and high risk. Of those [people], 646 were residents of Macau, the others were non-residents and tourists. As for tourists, we have recorded a total of 95 that are not holders of mainland China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan travel documents. These include […] holders of Portuguese and other passports,” the coordinator at the local Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Leong Iek Hou, said yesterday in response to a question from the Times.

Leong also added that, as of September 1, these visitors do not need to request special authorization to enter Macau. Authorities are not aware how many have entered due to the easing of the entry restrictions or had already previously requested special authorization to enter.

To another inquiry from the Times about the quarantine hotel facility to be used for the medical observation of those foreign visitors, the representative of the Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO), Liz Lam, clarified that the visitors will be lodged in the Regency Art Hotel in Taipa.

This hotel unit also serves as an optional medical observation venue available for those residents arriving from foreign countries or the Taiwan region who are bearing the costs of the quarantine. Those exempted from paying for the lodging (that is, those undergoing quarantine for the first time) are required to stay at the Treasure Hotel, located also in Taipa but next to the Macau International Airport.

At the same press briefing, the representative from the Public Security Police Force, Ma Chio Hong, gave an update on the weekly figures of border crossings. These showed a general increase in all border crossings by 10.2% and an increase in visitors by 10.1%.

The peak of the border-crossing figures last week was reached on September 5 (Monday), when 34,100 visitors crossed the border.

Health authorities call for ‘extra caution’ over the moon-festival holiday

Health authorities are calling for residents to exercise extra caution over the moon-festival holidays this weekend.

At yesterday’s press briefing, Leong noted that the Covid situation in the neighboring areas, including the city of Zhuhai, is “not very stable” and advised the residents to reconsider traveling to high-risk areas.

“I appeal for people to be extremely careful, especially those who are traveling over these days, and to consider the risks involved,” she said, noting that those who are not traveling should still pay special attention to crowd-gathering situations and wear a mask at all times.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

TagsCovid-19
Previous Article

Heavy rain after deadly Sichuan quake complicates ...

Next Article

6.18 outbreak costs Gov’t MOP600m, not ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Pandemic

      Covid-19 | Conditions hard for residents in Xi’an partial lockdown

      January 5, 2022
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Non-local medical staff may be invited to help in makeshift hospital

      April 12, 2022
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Education chief pledges to safeguard volunteers against infections during meal breaks

      June 28, 2022
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • Breaking NewsMacauOpinion

      Analysis | How to stay safe with a fast-spreading new coronavirus variant on the loose

      January 23, 2021
      By -
    • Breaking NewsWorld

      Big Read: After lobbying, Catholic Church won $1.4 billion in virus aid

      July 10, 2020
      By -
    • Macau

      SSM to acquire jabs for children aged six months to five years old

      August 4, 2022
      By Renato Marques, MDT

    • Macau

      IPM students protest social worker registration proposal

    • Macau

      Briefs | Wynn announces special bonus for employees

    • Asia-Pacific

      Japan | 1st nuclear reactor to restart since Fukushima meltdown

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d