MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›CE mourns passing of former Premier Li, recalls ‘great contribution’

CE mourns passing of former Premier Li, recalls ‘great contribution’

By -
October 30, 2023
0
0
Share:

Former Premier Li Keqiang meets with Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng in Beijing, December 2022

The memorial arrangements for former Premier Li Keqiang in Macau will be in compliance with national instructions, Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng has said over the weekend when asked by the press.

Li passed in the early hours on Friday, national authorities have announced.

Ho also expressed his sorrow for the passing of the former second-most powerful person in the Chinese government, describing the former official as “an excellent leader for both the [Chinese Communist] Party and the country.” He said that the former official had made great contributions to the improvement of China’s economy and livelihood. Li was also very interested in Macau, Ho added.

The Chief Executive said that the death of Li is a great loss to the Party and the country, and that he will always remember him and will miss his contributions to the country and people. 

Back in December last year, the former Premier of the State Council, spoke highly of the work done in the past year by the SAR Government, in particular the series of measures for “stabilizing the economy, ensuring employment, and securing benefit for Macau people.” These efforts helped maintain Macau’s momentum and steady development, according to Li.

Premier Li made these remarks when he received the Chief Executive, Ho Iat Seng, on December 22, 2022 at Ziguang Pavilion at the Zhongnanhai compound in Beijing.

During the meeting, Premier Li called for the MSAR Government to lead the Macau community to make practical and concerted efforts to better integrate Macau into overall national development; advance on a programme-by-programme basis the Guangdong-Macao Intensive Cooperation Zone in Hengqin; promote adequate economic diversification; enhance Macau people’s well-being; and maintain Macau’s long-term stability.

During the meeting, the Chief Executive said the MSAR Government carried out work in accordance with Premier Li’s instructions given during Ho’s duty visit in 2021, including measures outlined in the Second Five-Year Plan for Economic and Social Development of the Macao Special Administrative Region, and the Policy Address for the Fiscal Year 2022.

Li visited Macau on October 10 to 12, 2016, and attended the 5th Ministerial Conference of the Forum for Economic and Trade Co-operation between China and Portuguese-speaking Countries.

On October 11, 2016, after the opening ceremony of the forum, accompanied by the then Chief Executive Chui Sai On, he visited the community.

Li Keqiang visited the Macao Museum, where he explored the collections in the museum that displayed the history and multicultural features of Macau. He then said that Macau should capitalize on the opportunities created by the Belt and Road Initiative and expand and enhance its unique advantages in deepening its commitment to the policy of opening up. Li also presented a set of bronze chariots and horses as gifts to the museum. MDT

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Unemployment rate remains at 3.1% in Q3

Next Article

Employees in transport sector down

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Kenyan and North Korean win marathon

      December 5, 2016
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      AL Plenary | Structure of Social Workers’ Professional Committee stirs doubts

      November 7, 2017
      By Julie Zhu, MDT
    • Macau

      ‘Broken Tooth’ signs deal eying poker tournaments in Hainan

      July 17, 2018
      By -
    • Macau

      SURVEY | Youth Federation’s poll notes half in favor of national education

      May 4, 2015
      By -
    • Macau

      Moody’s gives ‘B1’ rating to Wynn’s notes offering

      June 16, 2020
      By Lynzy Valles, MDT
    • Macau

      HENGQIN | Zhuhai released first plot of land for bidding by Macau enterprises

      July 11, 2014
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Macau

      Beijing’s top official in SARs on a four-day trip in Macau

    • Business

      Asia recovery | Swiss watch exports jump most in four years

    • Macau

      SJM to reallocate 118 gaming tables to Grand Lisboa Palace

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d