MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

HeadlinesMacau
Home›Headlines›Idle land plots | ‘Lack of complaints from population’ delays gov’t action

Idle land plots | ‘Lack of complaints from population’ delays gov’t action

By Renato Marques, MDT
April 20, 2016
1
0
Share:
Ho Ion Sang

Ho Ion Sang

The culture of the public administration and the fact that there are few complaints from the community, led the government not to act in a timely fashion,” said Ho Ion Sang, the lawmaker who presides over the Legislative Assembly (AL) Committee for the Land Affairs and Public Concessions, following the group’s meeting with the government yesterday morning at the AL building.
The lawmaker was answering journalists’ queries after the meeting which he said was mostly dominated by the current issue of the 113 unused land plots identified by the government in 2011.
The president of the AL Committee also confirmed that there will be other land plots in an identical situation in the future, and that the government should revoke those concessions, in accordance with the law.
Aside from more land that will need to be reacquired,  there will also be more guarantees from the government when handling the so-called “special charges” attached to land concessions.
As Ho Ion Sang previously explained, these sorts of conditions were often attached to the land concessions and included, for example, the construction of flyovers, accessibility structures and other facilities. However, in the past few years, they have been disregarded.
“We discussed these ‘special charges’ and how that can affect the land holders by preventing, in some cases, the registration of ownership. According to the government, these situations are now rare because there is a condition that imposes a bank guarantee for an amount greater than the costs that will cover these eventualities,” he said, adding that the government can make use of those funds to speed up the process of construction of those facilities.
One of the proposals made by the committee is the need to “reinforce the transparency” in all that concerns the current situation as well as to update all land concessions. According to Ho Ion Sang, the proposal was well accepted by the government, and it will “provide updates on the website granting the right to information for both the press and the public in general.”
Regarding the current situation of the 113 land plots, the government informed the media that in 48 of those cases, it was concluded that the developers were accountable for the non-development of the land. Out of those, in 23 cases the expiration of the concession had already been declared, and two have been retrieved by the government on which they will build a warehouse (on land located in Pac On area) and a government office building (on land located in NAPE area).
As for the 25 other land plots, 16 were referred to as illegally occupied plots and were already recovered, and nine cases are still under investigation (seven of which are reaching the final stage of this review and will soon have their concessions declared terminated).

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Arts | ‘Red Pavilion’s Dream’-inspired exhibition opens

Next Article

Motorsports | Theodore Racing returns to IndyCar

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • HeadlinesMacau

      New 5+3 quarantine rule, extends isolation period to eight days

      November 14, 2022
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Illegal worker plummets to death from construction site

      March 20, 2018
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Secretary O Lam proposes books and sports to combat mental health issues

      April 29, 2025
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • Macau

      Fireworks competition to feature Chinese and Portuguese teams for National Day celebration

      August 22, 2025
      By Yuki Lei, MDT
    • Macau

      Education | UM organizes largest career fair in its history

      March 18, 2015
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      CE: Resumption of mainland e-visas to Macau will boost economy

      October 6, 2022
      By Renato Marques, MDT

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • World

      World Briefs

    • World

      Musk, scientists call for halt to AI race sparked by ChatGPT

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Guidelines for post Covid-19 care

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d