MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›MICE | Fewer exhibitors registered for the 21st MIF

MICE | Fewer exhibitors registered for the 21st MIF

By -
October 19, 2016
1
0
Share:

1-photo-archive-mif-926102014
Fewer exhibitors registered to visit the 21st edition of the Macao International Trade and Investment Fair (MIF), which will take place from tomorrow to October 22, according to Irene Lau, the executive director of the Institute for Promotion of Trade and Investment of Macau.
“Our [visitor] numbers are the same as last year, but the customers’ quality improved,” said Irene Lau during an MIF press conference. She expects this year’s MIF to be received similarly to previous editions.
Lau indicated her belief that the drop in the number of exhibitors is a consequence of the global economic climate and of the fifth Ministerial Conference of the Forum Macau, which took place last week and attracted many visitors to the city.
“We had expected this [smaller] figure,” admitted Lau, adding that the organizers will try to attract more visitors.
There are 1,600 exhibition booths arranged for the event, a 20 percent decrease compared to the 1,900 booths arranged last year. The number of visitors from Portuguese-speaking countries also dropped by approximately 20 percent year-on-year “because of [the Forum Macau] last week, which had a direct effect.”
However, the number of participating companies increased ten percent, said Lau.
This year, the budget amounts to approximately MOP33 million, the same as previous editions. This marks the fourth consecutive year with the same amount, according to Lau. She claimed that over 90 percent of the contracts signed during last year’s MIF already launched their operations.
The 21st MIF is themed ‘Cooperation – Key to Opportunities’. The event will occupy an area of more than 30,000 square meters at the Venetian, with participating delegations from over 50 countries and regions. More than 40 forums, promotions and seminars will be offered.
Regarding new highlights, six-time event participant Beijing will be the partner city of this year’s MIF for the first time, with a Beijing Pavilion and a Beijing Time-Honored Brands Pavilion to be arranged. The former will be divided into five sections featuring Beijing’s municipal commission of commerce, an international horticultural exhibition, traditional Chinese medicine, the 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, as well as Beijing’s Pinggu district. A sales area dedicated to Beijing delicacies will also be available.
The MIF will also establish partnerships between Portugal and Beijing with hopes of creating new and diversified business opportunities. For the first time, the program will also feature a Portuguese-Speaking Countries Fashion Show. Commercial and trade services for SMEs between China and the Portuguese-speaking countries will be set up for the first time.
The second Young Entrepreneurs Forum of China and Portuguese-Speaking Countries will take place today, in advance of the original date.
Traditional Chinese medicine cooperation seminars, on-site investment and financial consultancy services, electronic commerce and various services to promote the transition and upgrade local enterprises, as well as online business matching services, will be provided.
The fair will be open for trade visitors tomorrow from 12 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the main hall, and from 12 a.m. to 8 p.m. for the SME exhibition. On Thursday and Friday, the events will be open to the public. Julie Zhu

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Experts | HR organizations should embrace digital ...

Next Article

Gaming | China casino detentions cast pall ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Brazilian port company negotiates direct sea link with Zhuhai

      February 10, 2017
      By -
    • Macau

      Organizer disappointed with casino workers’ protest turnout

      August 8, 2014
      By -
    • Macau

      HK returnees from GD province, Macau to be granted quarantine exemption

      November 12, 2020
      By -
    • Macau

      Management of Peninsula WWTP receives seven bids, six approved

      August 18, 2023
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Sector rep hopes for 30,000 tourists daily during Golden Week

      September 19, 2022
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • Macau

      Education | SAT tests cancelled over cheating concerns

      January 25, 2016
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Macau

      National Security Education Exhibition to open with student insights

    • China

      Hong Kong | World-beating IPO market starts to show cracks

    • Breaking NewsChina

      Xi starts Voice of China broadcaster to boost global image

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d