MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›USJ pens admission agreement

USJ pens admission agreement

By -
May 23, 2016
1
0
Share:

Coluna-MG_8350On Friday, the University of Saint Joseph (USJ) signed an agreement of direct admission with the Macau Portuguese School (EPM) at the campus of EPM. The agreement will mean that EPM’s Form 6 graduates are eligible to apply for direct admission to USJ, sparing them the need to sit the university’s entrance exams as well as waiving the registration fees for the application. Under the new agreement, prospective students from EPM will only be required to take an English-language benchmark test and undergo an interview. Furthermore, applicants for direct admission will have an acceptance priority for the courses of their choice. USJ’s rector, Peter Stilwell, and the principal of EPM, Manuel Peres Machado, signed the agreement.

Former IC chief acquitted

Former Cultural Affairs Bureau (IC) vice president Stephan Chan has been acquitted from charges of abuse of power, after it was alleged in 2011 that he had used his position to aid his brother in securing a service contract. The Court of First Instance dismissed the charges due to a lack of evidence. Separately the court decided that Chan was to pay a fine of MOP420,000 for inaccuracies in his required declaration of assets. He was found to have not declared some assets in 2008 and 2010. “From the very beginning, I have never done any mistakes at work, so this verdict has created a very big impact on me,” Chan told journalists. Another civil servant accused of leaking information to Chan’s brother during the procurement process, was also acquitted by the court.

PSP arrest 39 illegal workers

The Public Security Police (PSP) arrested 39 people on Saturday on suspicion of illegally working on construction sites in Cotai. After receiving a tip off last month regarding illegal workers, police authorities began an investigation on the Cotai site, which resulted in the arrest of 17 workers on the site itself as well as a further 22 found at a site’s dormitory. “The investigation found that some people arranged for the illicit workers to work at the construction site,” PSP spokesperson Lam Keong told TDM. “They arranged accommodation and vehicle escorts for them.” According to Lam, it is possible that the illegal workers, aged between 20 and 50, collaborated with security guards of the construction sites so that they could enter them unobtrusively from the rear gate. Authorities are still investigating how the illegal workers entered Macau.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

On the lawmakers’ agenda

Next Article

Film | Macau impresses ‘Sea of Mirrors’ ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Briefs |New Hengqin Port to open on August 18

      August 12, 2020
      By -
    • Greater BayHeadlinesMacau

      Greater Bay Area | Guangdong’s export-led growth stalling at a bad time

      February 26, 2019
      By Julie Zhu, MDT
    • Macau

      Arts | Original Renaissance works to debut in Macau this week

      April 8, 2019
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Weather bureau defends Nida forecast, T8 not needed

      August 3, 2016
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • Macau

      Briefs | Trial starts for Alan Ho

      January 8, 2016
      By -
    • Macau

      Euro travelers added to expansive quarantine list

      March 16, 2020
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • World

      Greece’s cash crisis hurts funeral industry

    • Macau

      Confirmation with NAT booking links to be sent to entrants

    • Macau

      Gov’t predicts falling casino tax revenue

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d