MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›Altira condemns demonstration outside its premises

Altira condemns demonstration outside its premises

By -
February 2, 2015
2
0
Share:

Altira Macau released a statement on Friday, expressing its regrets and condemning a demonstration organized by the Bar-Bending Labor Association at its entrance early that day.
According to eyewitness accounts, the protestors carried a Chinese-style coffin, with the words “Altira the murderer” engraved on it. The protest was allegedly related to an industrial accident that occurred in April last year, which resulted in a worker becoming permanently disabled. The worker also alleged that the hotel had refused to communicate with him or follow up on the incident.
In the statement, Altira Macau said that it is “well aware of the unfortunate accident which occurred last year that we deeply regret.”
“At that time, the case was immediately reported to Macau authorities and to insurers, and all necessary support was provided to the investigations at all times. As a result, it was confirmed that Altira Macau should not be held liable for the unfortunate accident,” the statement said.
Altira described the demonstration on Friday as putting “unlawful pressure” on the hotel, which it said is “not admissible and will not be tolerated.”
“We will report the occurrence to Macau police and reserve our rights to take legal action against the responsible parties,” the hotel stated.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Dr Dalila, Macau’s cosmetic beauty queen

Next Article

USJ new campus to open next year

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Policy Address signals major shift in gov’t role for economic diversification: scholars

      April 17, 2025
      By Yuki Lei, MDT
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Over 200 inquiries filed at new office catering dismissed workers

      December 16, 2021
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • Macau

      Electronic IDs for border-crossings by end-June

      June 7, 2023
      By -
    • AdvertorialMacau

      Celebrate the Festive Season in Style at MGM

      December 14, 2023
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Inflation up 4 percent year-on-year

      May 25, 2016
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      GP Museum unveils remaining wax figures

      March 21, 2023
      By Renato Marques, MDT

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • ChinaHeadlines

      Beijing ignores Trump’s Hormuz request as the Iran war deepens

    • Macau

      Woman apprehended over fake employment

    • World

      California condor that helped save species returns to wild

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia
    %d