MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

HeadlinesMacau
Home›Headlines›Crime | Police bust document forgery group

Crime | Police bust document forgery group

By Anthony Lam, MDT
May 12, 2020
0
0
Share:

A n operation that has been counterfeiting visitor arrival documents since July 2019 has been uncovered by the Public Security Police Force (PSP), the bureau announced yesterday.
Last Tuesday, the PSP announced that it arrested a suspect, surnamed Chan, for manufacturing and selling fraudulent arrival paper slips. After questioning Chan, the police obtained intelligence that another suspect, aged 36 and surnamed Lam, was part of the operation.
According to Chan’s confession, he received fake slips from Lam, who later confessed his role in the alleged crime. In Lam’s statement, a 33-year-old mainland Chinese tourist surnamed Zhang, was said to have acted as the broker.
When the police intercepted Zhang, they were told that the suspect was staying at a hotel room in Cotai. Reaching the room, the police officers discovered two more men inside, both of whom were on overstaying condition and has been offered accommodation by Zhang.
The duo were surnamed Du and Feng. Du’s permission to remain in Macau ended on April 5, while Feng’s ended on April 8. Zhang had met the two at a casino in Cotai where he initiated conversation. Du and Feng told him that they had no place to stay, and Zhang offered to allow them to stay in a room.
Without an official visa or permission to remain in Macau, no tourist is legally able to get hotel accommodation.
To facilitate the manufacturing of the slips, Zhang rented a place on the Guia Hill, according to Lam’s statement. At the location, PSP officers discovered some computer equipment, a photocopy machine for domestic use and a commercial printer.
In addition, the police discovered copies of fraudulent arrival slips. A total of 11 copies – eight intact on a piece of A4 paper and three separate ones – were confiscated by the police as evidence.
The police discovered that many of the previously confiscated fraudulent arrival slips were similarly poorly printed as was the recently discovered batch of slips, leading them to draw a connection between the two incidents. From July last year until this case, more than 20 of these slips have been confiscated.
Both Feng and Du were charged with overstaying in Macau, while Feng was given an extra charge of purchasing and possessing fraudulent documents.

Car owner
‘steals’ own car
In an unrelated case also reported yesterday, a car owner stole his own car from a repair workshop in an attempt to evade paying for the repair service.
The 30-year-old local, surnamed Fong, had sent his car for repairs at a workshop before it was fixed on April 30. The owner of the workshop gave Fong a bill for MOP14,600.
Fong claimed to the owner that a family member would collect the car and settle the bill that afternoon. But two hours after their conversation, the workshop owner discovered that the car had disappeared, so he called the police. Under questioning, Fong confessed that he was unable to settle the bill so he surreptitiously took the key of his car and drove it away.
The police also discovered that Fong was under a court-ordered driving suspension.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Sands China works with local SME to ...

Next Article

Maxim Bessmertny’s latest film is an eye ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Greater BayHeadlines

      Chaos as Hong Kong lawmakers thwart leader’s annual address

      October 17, 2019
      By -
    • Macau

      Gov’t bureaus hold seminar on retail sales techniques

      July 31, 2019
      By -
    • Macau

      SSM fines City of Dreams for breaching smoking ban

      January 29, 2015
      By -
    • Macau

      Timeline of events

      December 29, 2023
      By -
    • Macau

      Winners of ‘Kam Pek Market’ tender finally unveiled

      October 11, 2024
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • HeadlinesMacau

      MUST to launch training course for USCPA certification

      February 3, 2021
      By Julie Zhu, MDT

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Music | Shankar to perform ‘Land of Gold’ in Macau premiere

    • Macau

      Three suspects arrested for financial scams and drug activities

    • World

      Two convicted in human smuggling case after Indian family froze to death

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d