MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›Gaming | Dore reportedly planning to close VIP rooms

Gaming | Dore reportedly planning to close VIP rooms

By -
October 27, 2015
1
0
Share:
Pereira Coutinho

Pereira Coutinho

Dore Entertainment is reportedly planning to close the two VIP rooms it operates in Wynn Macau. On the sidelines of yesterday’s Legislative Assembly plenary session, lawmaker Pereira Coutinho, who has been involved in a campaign to support the affected investors, commented on the case.
“This was an expected situation, sooner or later the rooms would have to close because they simply did not have money to pay,” Coutinho said.
Although there is nstill no official confirmation as yet, the lawmaker said that he believes the closure will be done on Dore’s initiative. “They only kept the rooms in operation due to an imposition of the concessionary”.
Mr Coutinho added: “The losses are very high, everybody is seriously concerned about this” wondering why until now there was no action from the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau regarding the matter. Besides the VIP rooms in Wynn Macau, Dore operates one room in MGM and another in The Venetian Macao.
Separately, Daiwa Securities Group Inc. has said that the announcement of stricter accounting rules for junket operators, which start next year, “is incrementally negative to the [VIP gaming] sector.”
The brokerage firm added that increased scrutiny presents an additional complication for operators “at a time of continued business challenges for the segment as a whole.”
Earlier this month, the Gaming and Inspection Coordination Bureau introduced new guidelines to improve transparency in the junket sector. Starting next year, all junket operators will have to compile monthly accounting reports and register details on key financial personnel.
Following the announcement, Daiwa analysts Jaime Soo, Adrian Chan and Jennifer Wu reported that they “do not rule out the possibility of a potential renewed and accelerating junket attrition in the coming months.”
“The possibility of this outcome may result in a further decline in the junkets’ overall liquidity, which implies a potential further leg down to VIP volumes in 2016.”
The announcement of stricter accounting rules follows the case of fraud  involving Dore Entertainment, that was revealed in September and agitated the local VIP gaming segment.
Gross Gaming Revenue (GGR) in VIP gaming fell 38 percent year-on-year during the third quarter of 2015, according to government data. VIP revenue accounted for 53.32 percent of casino GGR in the third quarter of 2015, down from 55.51 percent in the previous quarter and from 56.45 percent at the same time last year.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

World Briefs

Next Article

Sports | Disappointing results at National ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • AdvertorialMGM

      “hush! Beach Concerts x Urban Sports Wellfest 2025”: Two-Day Festival to Make Waves in Macau with a Blend of Music ...

      October 16, 2025
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Chang makes history winning his first F4 race in Macau

      November 21, 2022
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • Macau

      Exhibition showcases photos of Philippines and Macau monuments

      August 25, 2015
      By Catarina Pinto
    • Macau

      CE and Beijing’s education minister discuss boosting international education hub

      August 18, 2025
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Non-emergency public services suspended until Jul. 1

      June 27, 2022
      By -
    • Breaking NewsHeadlinesMacau

      Gov’t to create 10 billion patacas fund to tackle Covid-19 fallout

      March 30, 2020
      By Daniel Beitler, MDT

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Daily Edition

      Monday, August 1, 2022 – edition no. 4064

    • Business

      Chinese manufacturing expands in October but at slower pace

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Paulo Chan not worried about casino security threats

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d