MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›Grand Prix ticket sales beat expectation

Grand Prix ticket sales beat expectation

By João Pedro Lau
November 7, 2014
1
0
Share:

1 0106112014Macau Grand Prix Committee coordinator Costa Antunes revealed that this year’s sale of Grand Prix tickets has exceeded expectations, with tickets for the main stand already sold out. The organizer of the 61st Macau Grand Prix has also predicted that the event will attract more people to Macau this year.
Mr Costa Antunes said that the earnings from ticket sales this year are already 20 percent higher than two years ago. However, he still cannot provide a final figure, since sales are ongoing.
“We have already reached the limit at the main stand. [But] there are more tickets to sell. We have a few [for the stand] at the Lisboa corner and some at the Reservoir,” he said.
The GP coordinator spoke to the media on the sidelines of a joint-department press conference held yesterday to outline the traffic arrangements related to the event.
The Transport Bureau (DSAT) deputy director Chiang Ngoc Vai said that this year’s traffic conditions during the Grand Prix period, from November 13-16, would be even more challenging than in 2013. The Macau government has also sped up the road works on major arteries, and will suspend some of them during the GP period.
“During the Macau GP, some of the major traffic arteries in Macau will be temporarily closed. The major traffic flow from the northern districts to the central and the southern districts will concentrate at the area near Avenida do Coronel Mesquita, Avenida de Horta e Costa, Avenida do Ouvidor Arriaga, Rua de Francisco Xavier Pereira and Avenida de Sidónio Pais. Given that the amount of vehicles in Macau has exceeded 236,000, it can be anticipated that the relevant avenues will be overloaded. The traffic will be even more challenging than last year,” he said.
Moreover, Mr Chiang said that the government has already hastened the progress of road works on major traffic arteries. “There are approximately 16 road projects [in progress] that involve major roads. They include those at Rua de Francisco Xavier Pereira, Avenida de Sidónio Pais, Avenida da Praia Grande, Avenida do Almirante Lacerda, etc. We estimate that these projects can be finished before November 10 when the GP begins,” he said. As for projects that cannot be completed before November 10, which could considerably impact traffic, the administration has decided to suspend them and allow traffic to briefly resume during the GP period.
Chiang Ngoc Vai also reiterated that the traffic conditions during the GP period depend on the residents. “The fact is, if more people choose to drive [during the GP], the traffic conditions will be even more challenging. If more people opted for walking or taking public transportation, the pressure on the road will then be eased,” he said.
Meanwhile, Costa Antunes said that, over the four racing days, the racetrack will close at 3 a.m. until all races of the day have been completed. He has reminded residents to pay attention to the Committee’s road-
closing schedules, published in newspapers, as well as the reports of local radio and television stations.
Mr Costa Antunes expects the removal of GP safety barriers to finish on November 27.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Residents complain GP stand obstructing jogging path

Next Article

World briefs

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Gov’t to ensure smooth ICT operations if city enters grid lockdown

      May 18, 2022
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • Macau

      Scholar | China needs to promote cultural diversity

      October 4, 2016
      By Lynzy Valles, MDT
    • HeadlinesMacau

      CESL Asia launches drawing contest to enrich children’s stay-at-home summer

      August 26, 2020
      By Daniel Beitler, MDT
    • Macau

      Asia’s first Nikkei cuisine restaurant in town

      October 14, 2015
      By -
    • Macau

      Talents Committee to launch subsidies for postgrad programs in Portugal

      May 28, 2020
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • Macau

      Documentary | Filmmaker: Refugees still a taboo topic in the city

      May 5, 2016
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • World

      The Buzz | Retired police officers protest in Ukraine’s capital

    • ChinaHeadlines

      Taiwan military on alert as Mainland conducts drills to ‘punish separatist forces’

    • Asia-PacificExtra Times

      Big read: Myanmar military uses systematic torture across country

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d