MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›Opening of Hengqin port delayed

Opening of Hengqin port delayed

By -
March 3, 2020
0
0
Share:

The opening of the new Hengqin port has been postponed, Secretary for Administration and Justice André Cheong Weng Chon has announced.

Previously, Cheong said that the port could start operations in the first quarter of this year. That deadline has been pushed back due to the current epidemic situation.

The port’s construction and facility installation has been completed. However, due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the Zhuhai and Macau governments are not able to currently conduct the human traffic simulation test across the port. The test will only occur as soon as the epidemic becomes stable.

The Macau local government will be paying rent to mainland China to use their land for one of the port’s checkpoint facilities. Cheong said that the rent will be “very low” and merely “symbolic”, but declined to disclose the exact amount.

In addition to the rent, the local government will also be paying the electricity and water bills for the facility. The Chairman of the Second Standing Committee of the Legislative Assembly (AL) Chan Chak Mo reported that the rent will not be included in the bill but will be determined as a written contract between Macau and Zhuhai. JZ

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Virus fuels dread and angst even as ...

Next Article

Alipay HK and WeChat Pay HK now ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Public library system to undergo maintenance

      May 1, 2026
      By -
    • Macau

      Philippine repatriation flight postponed

      January 13, 2022
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Pereira Coutinho questions gov’t on Islands Hospital laws and regulations

      February 10, 2022
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • HeadlinesMacau

      LVS betting on Macau operations in business recovery

      October 27, 2020
      By Lynzy Valles, MDT
    • Macau

      Briefs | Ella Lei calls for retirement of non-local cooks

      July 2, 2020
      By -
    • Macau

      Briefs | Cosmetic shops convicted of illegal importing

      June 25, 2018
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Daily Edition

      Tuesday, December 3, 2024 – edition no. 4618

    • Macau

      IC head defends inauthentic VR reconstruction of St Paul’s Cathedral

    • Forum

      Angola | Consul general in China promotes economic diversification

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia
    %d