MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

HeadlinesMacau
Home›Headlines›35 new cases raise tally to 391, first severe case
Covid-19 Outbreak

35 new cases raise tally to 391, first severe case

By Renato Marques, MDT
June 28, 2022
0
0
Share:

Local health authorities have reportedly found a total of 391 positive cases of infections with Covid-19 from June 18 to 5 p.m. yesterday, the coordinator at the local Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Leong Iek Hou, said at yesterday’s press briefing from the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center.

The figure includes 35 new cases on June 27 and a further 89 found on Sunday.

Of the 89 cases detected before midnight on June 26, the larger portion (50) were cases found in the community through testing, while the remaining 39 are related to people who are already under medical observation for being in close contact with other infected people.

Of the total number of cases found during the ongoing outbreak, only 88 people are presenting symptoms of the disease, while the majority (269 cases) are asymptomatic.

According to the same official, one case is now considered to be severe, since the patient, a 60-year-old local woman, has been diagnosed with bilateral pneumonia, and is presenting with difficulties in her breathing.

Nonetheless, Leong said that her medical condition is considered stable and that she is being medicated with anti-viral medicines. According to the record of the Health Bureau, the woman has been inoculated with three doses of the Sinopharm’s inactivated virus vaccine.

Except for 30 cases that are still under epidemiological investigation, the remaining cases have been categorized as belonging to the same 10 groups or clusters as previously, with eight out of the 10 cluster group now showing links between them.

Only group 4, the OD Health Club (4 persons) and Shoppes at Four Seasons, and group 6, the China Construction Commercial Building in Rua do Campo (20 persons), have so far not been linked to any other clusters.

On Sunday and Monday, health authorities were able to clarify links from the previous groups 7 and 9 to the second cluster, related to people living at the Tat Cheong building at the Rua de Afonso de Albuquerque and involving some 84 cases.

People without RATs 

denied entry to mass testing

At the same press briefing, the representative of the Education and Youth Development Bureau (DSEDJ), Luis Gomes, confirmed that several people have been barred from entering nucleic acid test (NAT) sampling stations because they had failed to present a negative result of a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) taken the same day.

“We have been asking people [since the previous mass testing round] to do a RAT and ensure that the result was negative before heading to the NAT sample collection stations. The majority have done it. But there were some cases in which people were not able to present this result. Some of them justified this by saying that they did not have any more kits. In those cases, we have supplied them an extra RAT kit and requested them to go back home and do it first before returning to the NAT stations.”

Still, the official said that the results obtained by the government showing that over 570,000 uploaded their RAT results over recent days demonstrate that the vast majority of the population is completing the tests, while some still require information.

At the time of the close of this edition, a total of 326,062 people have completed the mass testing and, of those, 87,373 have already obtained negative results.

Five 10-in-1 samples tested positive as of 9 p.m.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

TagsCovid-19
Previous Article

Education chief pledges to safeguard volunteers against ...

Next Article

Wednesday, June 29, 2022 – edition no. ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Patient’s son tests positive, Fai Chi Kei NATs negative so far

      October 28, 2022
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Public hospital attempting to resume certain services

      July 22, 2022
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Filipinos and condo workers stop daily NAT

      July 25, 2022
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • Asia-PacificBreaking NewsWorld

      The Latest: Italy puts 60 million in lockdown

      March 10, 2020
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Gov’t public health doctor hints at possible loosening of measures

      July 29, 2022
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Authorities negotiating quarantine for Hong Kong students, no number yet

      August 26, 2022
      By Renato Marques, MDT

    • Asia-Pacific

      Thailand | Activists urge UN to help repeal royal defamation laws

    • China

      Dongzheng Automotive Finance seeks USD428m in Hong Kong IPO

    • China

      Gov’t to ban all coal use in Beijing by 2020 

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d