MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›Briefs | Londoner Macao phase one to complete by September

Briefs | Londoner Macao phase one to complete by September

By -
August 10, 2020
1
0
Share:

 

Sands China President Wilfred Wong has said that the first phase development of the Londoner Macao hotel is still on track to complete by the end of this quarter. The company executive said on Friday that ongoing hotel and casino renovations were progressing faster than planned because of the few tourists this year. However, the actual opening date of the company’s latest destination-themed resort will depend on the state of the city’s tourism trade in the remainder of the year. “In the third quarter, the hotel and its supporting amenities should be ready,” said Wong, on the sidelines of the Sands Shopping Carnival held at the Venetian Macao integrated resort. “Now we’re just waiting for the visitor numbers to show some obvious increase. Only then, can we consider opening.”

Economists expect better gaming revenue in October

The city’s economists are optimistic about gaming revenue for October – when the normally lucrative Golden Week is held – providing that mainland China resumes the issuance of tourist travel permits. Henry Chun Kwok Lei, vice president of the Macau Economic Association, expects gaming revenue in the upcoming month of October to be promising, especially during the national holiday of the People’s Republic of China. Lei believes that mainland visitors are likely to visit Macau once mainland China resumes issuing tourism permits. According to government’s statistics, gross gaming revenue in July was 1.34 billion patacas, an increase of more than 80% compared with the previous month, but still down 94.5% in year-on-year terms.

Grant Bowie resigns as executive director, but will remain advisor

Grant Bowie has formerly stepped down as an executive director of MGM China, but he will remain as a high-level advisor until the end of 2022. The confirmation of Bowie’s resignation was made in a filing to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange by the gaming concessionaire last week. Bowie stepped down from his role as Chief Executive Officer in May after having served the casino operator since August 2008. He said in a statement at the time that the move would align with his “personal retirement plans.” Also this summer, MGM China’s U.S.-based parent company appointed Bill Hornbuckle to replace Jim Murren as company CEO. Last week’s filing with the Hong Kong Stock Exchange said that Ayesha Khanna Molino, senior vice president for government affairs at MGM Resorts International, has been appointed as a non-executive director at MGM China.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

US alleges visa fraud, criminal conspiracy at ...

Next Article

Lisboeta hotel receives operating license

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      JLL names Oliver Tong as general manager

      February 17, 2022
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Residents raise concerns over high fees for takeaway meal boxes

      February 27, 2026
      By -
    • Macau

      Radio Taxi service faces uncertainty as license period nears expiration

      March 27, 2025
      By Lynzy Valles, MDT
    • Macau

      DSI adds photo kiosks and expedited service

      February 11, 2026
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • Macau

      Sands China re-appoints Wilfred Wong, reshuffles senior executives

      February 21, 2020
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Portuguese School IT system hacked for ransom

      August 21, 2020
      By Renato Marques, MDT

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • AdvertorialMacau

      Bubble Up your Festive Spirit at MGM

    • World

      The Buzz | Google settles with ex-banker over online abuse

    • HeadlinesSports

      Champions League Preview | Bayern promises ‘fireworks’ vs Atletico; Ronaldo’s back at Madrid

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia
    %d