MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›Elections 2021 | Disqualified democrat lists appeal to TUI

Elections 2021 | Disqualified democrat lists appeal to TUI

By Renato Marques, MDT
July 23, 2021
0
0
Share:

The leaders of three pro-democracy lists running for the Legislative Assembly (AL) elections are said to be appealing the decision of the Legislative Assembly Electoral Affairs Commission (CAEAL), which disqualified them from the electoral run.
Head of the Association for Prosperous Democratic Macau, Scott Chiang, Paul Chan Wai-Chi for the New Macau Progress Association, and first candidate of the Association of the New Progress of Macau (ANPM), Sulu Sou, have said they are all appealing the CAEAL’s decision to the Court of Final Appeal (TUI).
The three lists have previously presented administrative appeals to the CAEAL that were rejected by the authority earlier this week.
The leaders, together with 19 other candidates, have been accused by the CAEAL of not upholding the Basic Law and being disloyal to the Special Administrative Region.
Exercising their right to appeal that expired yesterday, the three lists have submitted judicial appeals to the top court in a final attempt to reverse the CAEAL’s decision and gain the ability to run in the elections on September 12.
On Wednesday, Chiang and Chan confirmed to TDM that they had submitted the appeals to TUI, while Sou announced yesterday that he had done so later that afternoon.
According to the leaders of the three lists, the appeal was an inevitable last resort, as it was never expected that CAEAL would revert from its own decision.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

CE respects CAEAL’s decision, vowing freedom of ...

Next Article

Monday, July 26, 2021 – edition no. ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Committee established for 15th National Games

      March 29, 2022
      By -
    • Macau

      Scholars | Detailed measures should be included in Policy Address

      November 7, 2017
      By Julie Zhu, MDT
    • Macau

      Gov’t says no request received for Coloane casinos

      June 12, 2015
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Macau Legend buys troubled casino in Laos

      May 17, 2016
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • Macau

      Secretary and regulator head meet gaming operators

      December 17, 2015
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      13 Holdings misses deadline to open luxury hotel

      August 1, 2017
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Simple Pay | First trial phase to begin on Feb. 8

    • Asia-PacificHeadlines

      With its new pact with North Korea, Russia raises the stakes with the West over Ukraine

    • Daily Edition

      Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – edition no. 3034

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d