The “Initial Training Plan” for younger citizens, organized by the Labour Affairs Bureau (DSAL) is accepting applications from June 28 until July 17, according to an announcement from DSAL. The program which will offer approximately five months of day courses will begin in August. These courses are for young people aged 24 years or younger, and some courses have academic entry requirements, the announcement read. The bureau said that the program aimed to equip young people with relevant professional skills in a short period of time, making it easier for them to adapt to the job market.
Second phase of ‘Stay, Dine & See Macao sees 10,000 applications
So far, about 10,000 applications have been received for the second phase of the “Stay, Dine and See Macao” program, and over 10,000 hotel packages have been sold. According to Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes, director of the Macau Government Tourism Office, the bureau will consider increasing the number of places on popular tour routes in response to actual demand. In view of the high demand in July and August, the director said that the bureau will review the tours and examine whether new routes and elements can be added in September.