From Jan. 28, the Macao Union Medical Center will take over the Islands Emergency Station previously operated by Conde de São Januário Hospital, maintaining existing operations. After six
Two European food companies, Hochdorf and Danone, are recalling several batches of infant formula potentially contaminated with Bacillus cereus. The Municipal Affairs Bureau and the Health Bureau confirmed
Traffic diversions began Saturday near the Portas do Cerco Border Post due to preliminary construction for the Light Rail East Line’s ES1 Station access road, Authorities announced Jan.
The inflation rate for 2025 remained low at 0.33%, according to the Statistics and Census Service (DSEC). The Composite Consumer Price Index (CPI) for December rose 0.69% year-on-year
Banco Nacional Ultramarino (BNU) opened its Hengqin Macau New Neighborhood sub-branch last week. According to its press release, BNU called the launch “a significant milestone in the bank’s
Local authorities announced that starting today, foreign passport holders can use the “automated immigration clearance channels” at the Zhuhai-Macau Port of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge (HZMB), in addition
Phase one of the Citizen Sports Park at the former Yat Yuen Canidrome site is scheduled for completion in April 2029, according to the Public Works Department. The
The Judiciary Police arrested a 43-year-old local male employee of a jewelry shop inside a Cotai casino for suspected illegal money exchange activities. Police said the shop has
The Judiciary Police uncovered a case in which a 29-year-old mainland man allegedly attempted to defraud an illegal money changer using a forged bank transfer screenshot and later
The first large-scale retrospective in Asia dedicated to Portuguese artist Helena Almeida will open at 6:30 p.m. today at the Macao Museum of Art. The exhibition, “Helena Almeida:
All self-services at the Macao Government 24-hour self-service centre in Taipa will be suspended from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. tomorrow due to power cable replacement. Citizens are
The Transport Bureau (DSAT) has initiated discussions with two public bus companies to explore transfer discount programs between buses and the Macau Light Rapid Transit (LRT) system. Based
The new tax code is now fully in effect, allowing taxpayers to choose electronic delivery of tax notices through the Macau One Account or “Business & Associations Platform”
The Public Security Police (PSP) intercepted 10 suspected illegally modified light vehicles and motorcycles in various districts of Macau and the outlying islands. After inspection and comparison of
A 40-year-old local man has been arrested for allegedly stealing construction steel worth HKD865,000 from a public site in Taipa, and selling it to two hardware and scrap
Cambodia will exempt Macau passport holders from visa requirements starting June 15 for a four-month trial period, according to an announcement from the Ministry of Tourism of Cambodia.
Macau’s national football team remains 193rd in the latest FIFA rankings, the first update of 2026 released yesterday, led by European champion Spain. Among Portuguese-speaking nations, Brazil is
Macau residents lost MOP300 million to telecom scams in 2025, a 32% increase from 2024, authorities said last week as they met to discuss joint anti-fraud measures. While
Transmac has introduced three new pure electric buses, which entered service earlier this week. According to Transmac, its shift to new-energy buses began in 2018, gradually phasing out
The Transport Bureau (DSAT) has announced that four new speed detection devices in Coloane will come into operation at midnight on Feb. 1. The locations include Estrada do
A local elderly man reportedly fell victim to an online “part-time shopping” scam, losing about MOP200,000. At the end of 2025, he was contacted via social media by a woman
The Public Security Police Force (PSP) and the Labour Affairs Bureau (DSAL) apprehended 55 people in December last year on suspicion of working illegally in Macau. The suspected
The government announced a revised caregiver subsidy policy effective this month, increasing the monthly subsidy from MOP2,175 to MOP2,400 and expanding eligibility to include individuals with severe or
The strongest cold wave of the winter will impact Macau starting today, with temperatures dropping to 15 degrees Celsius on Jan. 21 and further falling to 10 degrees
The Sports Bureau (ID) recently set up “Sports and Health Consultation Stations” at Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Municipal Park and Flora Garden. The stations will operate daily from 8
Registration for the “Symposium on Cultural Heritage Conservation and Restoration,” hosted by the Centre for the Preservation and Transmission of the Cultural Heritage of the Palace Museum in
The Social Security Fund (FSS) has announced that interest income for the 2025 fiscal year for the government-managed sub-account of the non-mandatory central provident fund system was 3.27%.
A female domestic helper has been charged with failing to report a lost wallet containing MOP14,500, left in a taxi on Nov. 22, 2025, the Public Security Police
The Cultural Affairs Bureau has opened a public call for locally produced programmes for the 36th Macao Arts Festival, to be held in May and June. Registered local
A large metal frame being transported on a truck fell off while driving on Rua dos Cavaleiros in Taipa on Jan. 14 shortly after 1 p.m. The moment
New approvals of residential mortgage loans (RMLs) rose 6.3% month-on-month to MOP1.25 billion in November 2025, while approvals of commercial real estate loans (CRELs) fell 52.0% to MOP406.2
The SAR’s foreign exchange reserves rose 2.0% month-on-month to MOP245.6 billion at the end of December 2025, according to the Monetary Authority of Macao. The reserves were equivalent
The Education and Youth Development Bureau (DSEDJ) said a total of 1,377 students from local secondary schools were admitted to mainland universities under the 2026 recommendation scheme, with results
The Environmental Protection Bureau (DSPA) said it is monitoring construction of the northern section of the LRT East Line and coordinating with contractors to adjust high-noise work schedules and
The Social Welfare Bureau said applications for its newly launched free childcare scheme for disadvantaged families opened on Monday, receiving 22 applications in the first two days, with seven
Copyright © Macau Daily Times 2008-2022. All Rights Reserved