MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›Another gaming public consultation canceled

Another gaming public consultation canceled

By -
October 6, 2021
0
0
Share:

Following the recent outbreak of Covid-19 cases, the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau has called off the planned second public consultation on gaming that was to be held this Saturday.
Last week’s first public consultation on the amendments to the law was also cancelled due to the outbreak.
The casino regulator said that developments in the pandemic were the main reason for canceling these two sessions.
Another session is scheduled for October 19. It is unknown at this stage whether a face-to-face consultation will occur on this date.
There are no plans to extend the consultation process because members of the public are still able to give their opinions in writing, the Secretary for Economy and Finance, Lei Wai Nong, announced late last week.
Last month, the Secretary announced proposed amendments to the gaming law including tighter government scrutiny for concessionaires. The government will have greater authority to verify the background of staff hired by both the concessionaires and entities who work with them.
This includes oversight of those who seek to establish partnerships with the concessionaires.
The announcement led to a plunge in casino stocks of some USD18 billion in market value the following day. LV

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

PLA flies record 56 warplanes toward self-ruled ...

Next Article

Gaming | GGR at MOP5.88b following late ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Japan confirms 39 new virus cases on cruise ship

      February 13, 2020
      By -
    • Macau

      BRIEFS | Special lane for buses from Barra to Border Gate

      September 25, 2014
      By -
    • Macau

      Zhuhai ranked third in Guangdong’s birth rate

      December 22, 2017
      By -
    • Macau

      AEMC 2016 kicks off

      May 11, 2016
      By -
    • Macau

      The Buzz | May says inequality drives voters to extremist ‘fringe’

      January 10, 2017
      By -
    • Macau

      Religion | Macau, HK bishops visit Pope Francis in the Vatican

      June 26, 2018
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • World of Bacchus

      The Liberal Outlook

    • World

      Germany | Authorities to ease deportation rules after Cologne attacks

    • World

      The Buzz | Air France-KLM plane returns to Beijing after smoke in cabin

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia
    %d