MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›Briefs | Couples to pay more for being old

Briefs | Couples to pay more for being old

By -
April 1, 2016
1
0
Share:

An elderly couple from Sichuan province was required to pay a “seniors’ fee” in addition to the normal fee for a package tour to travel to Australia, according to a mainland report earlier this week. The couple tried to apply for the package tour at different travel agencies in Chengdu, the capital city of Sichuan province. However, Mr He, 72, and his 68-year-old wife were asked to pay an extra RMB1,200 each because of their age. According to Mr He, staff from the travel agencies which they visited, told the couple that customers younger than 28 or older than 59 would be charged an additional fee depending on the destination of travel. This so-called additional fee was abolished in 2009.

More local nursery places needed

Choi Sio Un from the Social Welfare Bureau (IAS) claimed during a television interview that IAS expects the number of students enrolled in local nurseries to reach 10,000. Choi advised that IAS is complying with the legal procedures that allow the establishment of new nurseries, as well as the expansion of existing ones. He affirmed that he realizes the concerns of parents of children at preschool age. “I understand that the parents want their children to gain a sense of independence before going to school,” said Choi. He believes that IAS can attend to the needs of 90 percent of the children who will be in nurseries this year. There are currently 50 nurseries in Macau taking care of 8,400 children. Thirty-three nurseries are funded by the government. The enrollment period will see a peak during April and May. Eighty percent of the 33 nurseries funded by the government started the first phase of enrollment today.

New sand supply for land reclamation

The Infrastructure Development Office announced the establishment of a new dredging site – with the support of the authorities of Guangdong Province – to supply sand for the land reclamation work relating to the new urban zone known as Area A.  The new dredging site is located south of the Y-Bridge. However, Sand extraction at the new site is technically more challenging than in the area  in which it was previously used. The Office said it would strive to develop new solutions in the coming months to ensure a stable supply of sand for the Area A land reclamation project.  Land reclamation works for Area A were originally due to be completed by December 2015. The schedule however was affected by the February 2015 closure of the dredging site that supplied sand for the works.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Aviation | ANM call for ‘immediate release’ ...

Next Article

MDT interview | Filipino migrant workers ‘doing ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Macau, HK to facilitate Indonesian trade with China

      August 25, 2015
      By -
    • Macau

      Int’l Music Festival organizers announce three special concerts

      September 14, 2020
      By -
    • Macau

      Exhibition of quality consumption held for the first time

      December 5, 2022
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Former IPIM chief Jackson Chang to be tried again

      May 31, 2021
      By Lynzy Valles, MDT
    • Macau

      City braces for potential cyclone and more storms

      July 12, 2024
      By -
    • Macau

      Briefs | FSS announces name list

      June 13, 2018
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Asia-Pacific

      Cambodian court jails activist over melee at premier’s house

    • Asia-Pacific

      Buy-bust | Vietnam arrests 8 Chinese suspected of drug trafficking

    • OpinionOur Desk

      Our Desk | To feel good

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia
    %d