MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›CTM 4G+ mobile network service available to the public

CTM 4G+ mobile network service available to the public

By Aries Un
October 21, 2015
1
0
Share:

CTM 4G+ mobile network service available to the public

Telecommunications service provider CTM officially rolled out its 4G+ network packages yesterday afternoon. It is the first of the four companies to open the service for customers.
The launch of the telecom firm’s latest service, alongside a presentation detailing other ongoing efforts and prospective initiatives, was held at the JW Marriott Hotel on the occasion of its 34th anniversary.
The new 4G+ mobile network is worth over MOP600 million in investments, which supports both FDD and TDD modes, and is available for subscription across five different monthly plans with prices ranging from MOP98 to MOP598.
As early as two months ago, more than 20,000 users already experienced the service as part of a trial program. After months of “preparatory work around the clock,” the company’s Vice President of Network Services, Declan Leong, told media that the network has reached “99.5 percent” outdoor coverage in over 1,000 districts across the region, a target the group had been aiming for.
Leong further stated that the company was studying how to strengthen the existing technology of a theoretical 112Mbps download speed by using additional technology based on the two communication modes. They hope to bring the service download speed up to 450Mbps as a result.
CTM is also confident about its goal of having every single household connected using optic fiber by the end of the year, Leong said.
More than 24,538 installations have been made across the city since the beginning of the year as of September, with the company’s relevant workforce now double what it was initially. Additionally, the region will see a total of 1200 WIFI hotspots, more than double the current quantity.
Aspiring to further its multiple initiatives across a wide spectrum of applications, the telecom company’s mobile phone-payment plan partnered with the Macau Pass, known as M-wallet service, will meet the public late this month. Another initiatives soon to take effect include the installation of the WIFI network over 330 buses and 5G cloud storage, available for free under the new 4G mobile programs.
Last month, the telecommunications operator forged a partnership with a local school on an interactive mobile application. Using the application, parents and teachers are connected on a virtual platform showcasing the students’ academic performance and situation at school.
The administration’s 4G technology concession contract stipulates that all the four grantees – CTM, Smartone, China Telecom’s Macau branch and 3Macau – have to make their individual works ready before the end of the year. Earlier this month, China Telecom (Macau) told media on the sidelines of an event that it was awaiting the telecommunications regulator’s approval of the proposed tariff on the service.

high-level officials raise toast to ctm’s 34th year

Many dignitaries, including CPPCC National Committee Vice Chairman Edmund Ho, officials from the mainland’s foreign affairs and liaison authorities in the territory, Cai Siping and Wang Xindong, officiated at the ceremony yesterday for the 34th anniversary of the telecommunications firm’s establishment.

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Macau connection | Ng Lap Seng to ...

Next Article

Gaming | Studio City to get 250 ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      IC organizes lineup of New Year activities

      January 24, 2017
      By -
    • Macau

      Limbo wins Best Film in IFFAM

      December 11, 2020
      By -
    • ChinaMacau

      New virus has infected more than 31,400 people globally

      February 7, 2020
      By -
    • Macau

      HK-Macau ferry operations grow to 14 daily

      May 11, 2023
      By -
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Briefs | Sou, Chiang trial resumes on May 14

      April 9, 2018
      By -
    • Macau

      DSAL to hold job fair for persons with disabilities

      October 29, 2025
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • HeadlinesMacau

      China sentences US citizen for stealing state secrets

    • World

      US border security officials to oppose emergency declaration

    • Macau

      USJ to move to new campus by September

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d