MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

HeadlinesMacau
Home›Headlines›Authorities green light 11th round of mask distribution

Authorities green light 11th round of mask distribution

By Renato Marques, MDT
April 30, 2020
0
0
Share:

Local health authorities announced yesterday during the daily press conference at the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center that the government’s 11th round of face mask distribution has already been granted.
In reply to the media, Dr. Alvis Lo from Conde de São de Januário Hospital Center said that while the 11th round will begin in a few days, now is the right time to evaluate the program and decide what will be done next.
“We are doing a review of the program to analyze the outcomes of this method of supplying face masks to public and what will be done in the future,” Lo said. “At the moment when the population needed [them] the most, the government came forward and provided [the personal protection equipment]. Now is the time to evaluate this program and define strategies for the future.”
Recently, there has been speculation that the government is preparing to suspend the face mask supply, causing concerns over potential price hikes for the product.
The concerns gained momentum as secondary schools prepare to resume classes next week. This will also influence the demand for face masks as all students, teachers and staff members must wear them at all times.
The concerns of the public also motivated lawmaker Ella Lei to make a written interpellation to the government earlier this week, urging them to extend the face mask supply scheme that has been in effect since late January.
Lei warned about potential price hikes, and how the growing demand may also lower the quality of the face masks available on the market, compromising citizens’ health.

Covid-19 testing dates for social workers released

Health authorities have chosen May 2 and 3 as the dates to carry out Covid-19 screening tests on social workers and staff that work for institutions that provide social services to the community, a representative of the Social Welfare Bureau (IAS) informed yesterday at the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center.
During the center’s daily press conference, Tang Kit Fong said that the authorities expect to test a total of 2,400 people working in social support and services institutions over the two days.
Tang noted that the arrangements were made in collaboration with the different entities involved to avoid affecting the normal workflow of the institutions as much as possible.
Dr. Alvis Lo added that after social workers, the program will extend screening to professionals that are at greater risk due to the nature of their jobs. This includes teachers that were not included in the first round of screening, that is, those teaching at the primary and kindergarten level. Health authorities have arranged for these professionals to be tested on May 4 to 8.
The IAS official informed that testing for teachers will be arranged through the schools where they work.
In collaboration with the health authorities, schools and institutions will be also responsible for communicating the results of the tests to their staff.
Questioned on if the broadened scope of testing would pose a problem to the capacity of the health system in any way, Lo responded that health services have been increasing their capacity to perform tests from 600 tests a day initially, to 2,000 to 2,500 now.

 

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Health voucher scams: over 170 people charged ...

Next Article

Labor Day traditions halted by Covid-19

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      FSS enforces automatic system for pension withdrawals

      July 26, 2019
      By Renato Marques, MDT
    • Macau

      COURTS | PAUL PHUA : Subpoena fight resolved over FBI-Caesars search

      November 10, 2014
      By -
    • Macau

      Briefs | Activities marking 71st National Day to proceed tomorrow

      September 30, 2020
      By -
    • Macau

      Closed-door meetings on domestic violence

      February 9, 2015
      By -
    • Macau

      Roadwork coordination team speeds up summer projects ahead of school opening

      August 15, 2025
      By -
    • Macau

      Galaxy’s foray into Wynn Resorts puts buyout option on the table

      March 26, 2018
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • Macau

      New Hengqin–Cotai water pipeline approved

    • Macau

      Young golfers show promising future

    • Asia-PacificHeadlines

      Thailand | Spirit of mythical princess looms over cave crisis

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d