MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

HeadlinesMacau
Home›Headlines›Gaming | LVS remains confident on concession renewal in Macau

Gaming | LVS remains confident on concession renewal in Macau

By Lynzy Valles, MDT
October 25, 2021
2
0
Share:

Las Vegas Sands (LVS) remains confident in the gaming concessionaire renewal process, as it boasts its track record, development, and investment in the city.
In its annual earnings call for the third quarter, chairman and CEO Rob Goldstein was assured that there are no chances of Macau being excluded in operating any casino assets in the near future.
“We have the unparalleled track record,”the executive said.
“I think the government has recognized we’ve been an awfully good licensee and partner and friends with China and Macau, and we’re eager to be back there. So no, I don’t believe that’s a possibility [of a fall out],” Goldstein added.
Gaming concessions are due for re-bidding next year. However, the government has not yet provided guarantees that any will be renewed. Many have also called on the government to extend the validity of the concessions, which end in June 2022, due to the adverse effect of the Covid-19 pandemic on the industry.
The announcement of the government’s changes on the gaming law last month have triggered a sell-off of gaming stocks, as stocks plunged to as much as USD18 billion.
This comes after the announcement that concessionaires will face tighter scrutiny from the government, which will have a greater authority to verify the background of the staff hired by both the concessionaires and entities who work with them.
Regarding the concession renewals, Goldstein has said that Las Vegas Sands is “prepared for it” amid the current pandemic crisis globally.
“We’ve always found the government very reasonable, very thoughtful, and very fair. And we’re not concerned whether they make that decision next month, the month after, or make it in June. I don’t know when they’re going to make that decision,” he said.
“I’ll let them make that decision and tell us. We’ll respond accordingly. But we have no trepidation or any fear that there will be an issue of this. We knew this was coming,” the CEO added.
Meanwhile, local casino operators are expected to see a slump in profits during the third quarter, predicting an EBITDA of HKD62 million, according to a Bloomberg survey of estimates from eight brokerages.
According to a report issued by Bloomberg, “analysts forecast that the latest quarter would be this year’s worst so far, with the industry’s profit estimate plunging significantly from the HKD14 million reported by operators in the previous three months.”

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

China vows no concessions on Taiwan after ...

Next Article

Tourist arrivals rebounding after downturn

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Measles | Health Bureau finds Philippine migrant immunity the same as locals’

      April 9, 2019
      By -
    • Macau

      Patients struggle to get new Hepatitis C treatment in Macau

      May 25, 2015
      By Catarina Pinto
    • HeadlinesMacau

      Children under three again allowed to attend school

      September 8, 2020
      By Anthony Lam, MDT
    • Macau

      Survey finds 68 pct of employees never get promoted

      December 8, 2014
      By -
    • Macau

      Temperature to drop to 14 degrees for the weekend

      November 14, 2023
      By -
    • Macau

      PJ continues to crack down on illegal currency exchange

      November 27, 2024
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • HeadlinesMacau

      Co-working space a platform for local start-ups to collaborate

    • Macau

      DSEC review state of cultural industries

    • Macau

      IAS to add 200 more early intervention spots

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d