Man arrested for alleged domestic violence, knife threats


A 35-year-old local resident has been arrested on suspicion of domestic violence after allegedly assaulting his wife and threatening her with a kitchen knife during a dispute, the Judiciary Police (PJ) announced Friday.
The suspect works as a construction worker and has been married to the victim since 2021.
The couple, who live in the northern district with their young son, had frequent quarrels over household matters, police said.
According to investigators, the incident occurred on August 27, when the suspect became angry over household arrangements and ordered his wife to return home.
Upon her arrival, he allegedly grabbed her by the neck, dragged her into a room, and pushed her, causing injuries to her knees and arms.
He then reportedly brandished a kitchen knife with a 17.5-centimeter blade, forcing her to eat food placed in front of her and demanding access to her mobile phone.
The PJ said the victim complied until her husband calmed down, after which she escaped to a relative’s home.
She reported the incident to police the following morning. Officers later arrested the suspect at the couple’s residence and seized the knife.
The PJ noted that the suspect had a history of abusing his wife but she had not previously filed a complaint in an attempt to preserve the family. The suspect now faces charges of domestic violence, possession of a prohibited weapon, intimidation, and coercion. The case has been referred to the Public Prosecutions Office. LV
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.







