MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

Top Menu

  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Our Team
  • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
  • Archive
    • PDF Editions
  • Contacts
  • Extra Times
    • Drive In
    • Book It
    • tTunes
    • Features
    • World of Bacchus
    • Taste of Edesia
logo
FOUNDER & PUBLISHER Kowie Geldenhuys
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF Paulo Coutinho
Macau,

MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報

  • Home
  • Macau
    • Photo Shop
    • Advertorial
  • Interview
  • Greater Bay
  • Business
    • Corporate Bits
  • China
  • Asia
  • World
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Our Desk
    • Business Views
    • China Daily
    • Multipolar World
    • The Conversation
    • World Views
  • Gov’t silent on student mental health numbers, while Hong Kong records steep increase

  • Satellite milestone advances geomagnetic navigation research and applications

  • Summer’s Finest at DIVA 

  • Gov’t vows more diverse community spending promotion activities

  • HKD6.4 million needed for retirement, majority lack financial confidence, survey finds

Macau
Home›Macau›‘Gate of Understanding’ revamp to start soon

‘Gate of Understanding’ revamp to start soon

By -
January 10, 2019
1
0
Share:

The “Gate of Understanding” (Portas do Entendimento), a monument erected in the 1990s in the Sai Van area to symbolize Luso-Chinese relations, will be finally given a major revamp. The revamp will repair the monument and make it available for public visits. A ceremony was held this week to open the public tender process for the rebuilding of the monument.

The 40-metre tall monument was completed in 1993 and closed for safety reasons several years ago, after parts of the structure deteriorated to the point that they fell off.

Now, after the launching of the public tender for proposals to conduct the repair works of the monument, the Land, Public Works and Transport Bureau (DSSOPT) will soon start the work. So far, it has received a total of 20 proposals with prices ranging from MOP36 million to MOP48 million.

The DSSOPT said the proposed works are intended to support the platform and the connecting dock. In previous inspections, the bureau said that in addition to parts of the granite cladding falling, the pillars supporting the connecting dock were sloped.

The company that wins the tender will undertake works to replace the hooks that hold the walls, and demolish and rebuild the connecting bridge dock between land and the monument. These works will not cause any changes to the structure’s exterior appearance, according to the DSSOPT.

In a statement, the bureau noted that the repair works are expected to start in the second quarter of this year and will have a maximum of execution period of 536 working days.  RM

FacebookTweetPin

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Article

Chan Kai Chon appointed as IC deputy-director

Next Article

HK buyers exceed local buyers in properties ...

0
Shares

    Related articles More from author

    • Macau

      Construction site fined for illegal sewage discharge

      May 28, 2024
      By -
    • Macau

      Briefs | 80pct of students have phone overuse issues

      September 20, 2016
      By -
    • Macau

      Entertainment | ‘Light Festival’ organizers hope to dazzle Macau

      November 29, 2016
      By -
    • Macau

      More Hong Kongers tune out the news as they adapt to the status quo

      September 2, 2024
      By -
    • Macau

      Cheong Kin Man | Local short film recognized at Canada International Film Festival

      March 25, 2015
      By -
    • Macau

      Music | Macau Orchestra participates in event to mark Nanjing Massacre

      December 11, 2017
      By -

    Leave a reply Cancel reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    • BusinessHeadlines

      MICE sector calls for more high-end international events

    • Sports

      Russia excluded from skating as sporting sanctions increase

    • Daily Edition

      Tuesday, August 18, 2015 – edition no. 2380

    Search

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

    DAILY EDITION

    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956
    Friday, May 22, 2026 – edition no. 4956

    Greater Bay

    MDT MACAU GRAND PRIX SPECIAL

    May 2026
    M T W T F S S
     123
    45678910
    11121314151617
    18192021222324
    25262728293031
    « Apr    
    • Contact our Administrator
    • Contact our Editor-in-Chief
    • Contacts
    • Our Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Editorial Statute
    • Code of Ethics
    COPYRIGHT © MACAU DAILY TIMES 2008-2026. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    MACAU DAILY TIMES
    • Home
    • Macau
      • Photo Shop
      • Advertorial
    • Interview
    • Greater Bay
    • Business
      • Corporate Bits
    • China
    • Asia
    • World
    • Sports
    • Opinion
      • Editorial
      • Our Desk
      • Business Views
      • China Daily
      • Multipolar World
      • The Conversation
      • World Views
    • Our Team
    • Editorial Statute
      • Code of Ethics
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    • Archive
      • PDF Editions
    • Contacts
    • Extra Times
      • Drive In
      • Book It
      • tTunes
      • Features
      • World of Bacchus
      • Taste of Edesia

    Loading Comments...

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

      %d