Built back in the 1920s, the Octagonal Pavilion Library was the first Chinese library in Macau, and also the first public library. It was built with funds raised by
Located at the highest point of Guia Hill, next to the Guia Lighthouse, a mast is used for hoisting typhoon signals to warn the public about the severity of
Designed and built at the beginning of the 1960s by Alfred Victor Jorge Alvares, a Portuguese architect based in Hong Kong, Hotel Estoril was opened on November 15,
The Avenida de Almeida Ribeiro, commonly known by its Chinese “short name” San Ma Lo (New Road), is the main avenue in the heart of the Peninsula.
Photo credit: Pedro Castro Silva, 1994
The first formal border crossing between Macau and China was built in 1573. After several modifications and repairs, it finally gave way to
The Cathedral of the Nativity of Our Lady, better known in Portuguese as Catedral Sé, was originally built in 1576 as a small wooden chapel. In 1623, it
A trip down memory lane. This historical photo was taken during the 1970s and shows how Rua do Tarrafeiro has changed.
The street was given its
Copyright © Macau Daily Times 2008-2019. All Rights Reserved